Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1137884 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1125 on: September 07, 2017, 03:39:45 AM »
We know Serenstupidity likes to troll around a bit. Not in all cases, but he likes to rattle some cages. I just didn't expect him to take things this much out of context. Too bad, actually.

Serendipity

« Reply #1126 on: September 07, 2017, 05:33:19 AM »
It's not my image, I found it on imgur. I don't need 'the better your lives will be better...' thanks very much Derek. My life is full and rich and a hell of a lot of fun.

Here I am in work, eating my sandwich and tapping away on my phone. Our discussions here serve as a fun distraction, nothing more. I may have embellished what you said but only because I wrote from memory, as far as I'm concerned you said seamless planetary landing was decades away and you were wrong. Context schmontext. Any reader of that thread would draw the same conclusions. Might not have been what you meant but it's what you wrote.

Exitramp

« Reply #1127 on: September 07, 2017, 05:56:43 AM »
It's not my image, I found it on imgur. I don't need 'the better your lives will be better...' thanks very much Derek. My life is full and rich and a hell of a lot of fun.

Here I am in work, eating my sandwich and tapping away on my phone. Our discussions here serve as a fun distraction, nothing more.

You know Serendipity, your repeated insistence on repeating that part, about how your life is rich and full and busy and that you only come here when you have a free moment is creating exactly the opposite impression. You would have thought that with a wife and child and new house you would be making far better use of that precious free time of yours.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. How is life in Mom's basement?

Wiggleitjiggle

« Reply #1128 on: September 07, 2017, 06:10:50 AM »
I come here mostly before class starts and have been reading serens comments for a long time. It's always oh just some free time between work, my life is very fulfilled yet I frequent a site where I engage in arguments rehashing the same point over and over because its genuinely fun. How many times are you going to repeat that you only come here in a moment of respite from work. I more assume you check this every few minutes, or have no job at all and are refreshing all the time. Were you on a lunch break the other day where you kept replying for a long period of time, sounds more than just a short break to check the forums.  Just my 2 cents, sounds like a bunch of shit

Exitramp

« Reply #1129 on: September 07, 2017, 07:00:25 AM »
Just my 2 cents, sounds like a bunch of shit

I'm fairly sure it's a bunch of shit  :D

Serendipity

« Reply #1130 on: September 07, 2017, 07:32:19 AM »
Ha ha, you guys are funny. I work on appointments and sometimes the appointments don't turn up. Sometimes a husband and wife don't turn up so I have an hour free. Sometimes a family cancel because of illness or something, then I have longer free. Sometimes it's quiet and I've not much to do all afternoon.

I'll have a type when the wife is watching crap TV of an evening or whilst sitting on the throne.

But whatever, believe what you like. Right now there was a cancellation so I've got 15 minutes sitting on my arse with nothing to do.

I was born in the 70's and my mum never had a basement.

I like arguing.

Now then, shall we get back on topic? This ELE then, what's slowing it down so much? First called so long ago. First it was a catastrophic collapse and then a slow burn thing but recently it's going to be catastrophic collapse again. I'm confused...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 07:36:55 AM by Serendipity »

the_wolfmann

« Reply #1131 on: September 07, 2017, 07:33:56 AM »
How many times are you going to repeat that you only come here in a moment of respite from work.

What if his job IS to come and post here and uses the moments of respite to come up with what to rehash for the umpteenth time in his next post mental dump.

Just ignore him and he'll have to go away when no one interacts with him; move on to bother someone else. How else is he going to fill the void that is his existence?

Serendipity

« Reply #1132 on: September 07, 2017, 07:35:59 AM »
How many times are you going to repeat that you only come here in a moment of respite from work.

What if his job IS to come and post here and uses the moments of respite to come up with what to rehash for the umpteenth time in his next post mental dump.

Just ignore him and he'll have to go away when no one interacts with him; move on to bother someone else. How else is he going to fill the void that is his existence?

Ha ha, incredible. The void that is my existence? Oh wait, I get it now. You're assuming you know stuff about a thing when in reality you're just guessing and doing it badly. I'm sensing a pattern emerging...

N0mad

« Reply #1133 on: September 07, 2017, 08:15:56 AM »
Ha ha, incredible. The void that is my existence? Oh wait, I get it now. You're assuming you know stuff about a thing when in reality you're just guessing and doing it badly. I'm sensing a pattern emerging...

I can't wait for 3.0 so come out so we can get a break from you posting every 30 minutes.

Although I'm sure you'll be back gloating once you've played it through a few times - unfortunately for us that'll only take an hour or so  :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1134 on: September 07, 2017, 08:19:39 AM »
It's not my image, I found it on imgur.

I see. But yet you decided to use it to defend a FLAWED position fraught with LIES?

Then, seeing as you're intrinsically CLUELESS, you posted discussions with a CIG dev which unequivocally proved my point.

And as I posted, it's not the first time you've made those SAME statements. Except this time, you thought that by posting an image out of context, you would be the one to "prove Derek Smart wrong". Except you failed. Again.

Here, someone on SA came up with this quote awhile back. You should memorize it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Throughout the history of the internet people have told themselves "I'm going to be the one that gets into an internet argument with Derek Smart, owns him hardcore and shuts him up once and for all" and every single one that has tried have all gone through with their attempts in exactly the same ways. You've seen it most recently on Reddit with his fanclub, or with guys like MoMA. You saw it with Chris Roberts. Now you're seeing it with obey-the-fist!

It's like watching an ever increasing number of people try to put out a fire with their hands, with each one is going "Hah! Those idiots couldn't do it because their hands aren't big enough! Mine are larger and I'm going to spit on them so they're moist! I'll show this fire who's boss!
"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 08:23:49 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1135 on: September 07, 2017, 08:39:06 AM »
The whole thing is that you can't be right about Scam Shitizen. You just can't. So, by trying to find something where you were wrong, they will have the mother of all arguments for any discussion that you have or could bring up. Why they just are so desperately in need for you to be wrong is beyond me. What is it about SC that it apparently is the only thing they live for? And that it can not and must not fail? Or else the universe as we know it will split in two or something?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1136 on: September 07, 2017, 08:47:16 AM »
The whole thing is that you can't be right about Scam Shitizen. You just can't. So, by trying to find something where you were wrong, they will have the mother of all arguments for any discussion that you have or could bring up. Why they just are so desperately in need for you to be wrong is beyond me. What is it about SC that it apparently is the only thing they live for? And that it can not and must not fail? Or else the universe as we know it will split in two or something?

It's quite simple. As I explained here, once CIG called me out and issued a press released over it, they took that as a call to arms. Then Croberts went on a bender, took leave of his senses, and penned The Escapist Diatribe which basically solidified me as the bogeyman they were already vilifying. This despite the fact that a lot of people - including media - were already voicing similar or same opinions as me; though I was the first and only one to write specifically as to why I didn't think they could ever build the game.

So to these guys, I am challenging and exposing their dream. Aside from making some of them lose money on the Grey market as well.

With all of that in mind, that's why the worse thing for those guys isn't that Croberts was wrong and failed etc, it's that Derek Smart is right - about anything.

So it's a Me vs Them thing that's going on. And since Croberts is an incompetent prick and scammer, he's just making it easier for them to lose ALL their arguments because without a game, there is no argument to "win"
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Serendipity

« Reply #1137 on: September 07, 2017, 08:51:36 AM »
Of course he might be right about the game, that's where we differ you see, I can accept that I may be wrong. I just don't believe he is right and he's done nothing in 2 years and more to connvince me otherwise.

he's just making it easier for them to lose ALL their arguments because without a game, there is no argument to "win" 

Without a collapse there's no ELE.

Motto

« Reply #1138 on: September 07, 2017, 09:16:49 AM »
I'd say the collapse is the end of the ELE. But, just to get my head around your thought process, let's for argument's sake assume that Chris at the moment really is downsizing. Staff and contractors are leaving the building without coming back. Chris having no more money to pay for them or trying to cut costs before he can't pay them anymore would be a logical explanation.

Now, if CIG has enough money to pay for everybody, why would he be laying off all those people? Now we're not talking about one or two who just don't function, that'll be normal changes in staff, no, we're talking about 40 - 50 layoffs. How you'd explain that?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1139 on: September 07, 2017, 09:58:48 AM »
Of course he might be right about the game, that's where we differ you see, I can accept that I may be wrong. I just don't believe he is right and he's done nothing in 2 years and more to connvince me otherwise.

he's just making it easier for them to lose ALL their arguments because without a game, there is no argument to "win" 

Without a collapse there's no ELE.

:cripes:

In April 2016, I wrote the Extinction Level Event blog. You should read it.

Here is a quote:

Rumors and unconfirmed reports have been swirling for months that they’re running out of money to complete these projects, that they’ve been seeking external investor funding, trying to take advantage of tax credits etc. Even over in the UK, where reports like this come out, there is no evidence of them ever filing with the BFI if they did in fact take advantage of UK tax credits.  If they’re out trying to raise investor money, it should come as a complete shock to anyone who thinks that $112M should have been enough to, you know, develop the game as promised. All the negativity surrounding the game, the shitty and toxic community that has sprung up around it; the aforementioned videos of a shitty tech-demo (aka CryEngine mod) everyone is now laughing (1, 2) at, are collectively likely to affect any efforts to raise money outside of a bunch of gullible whales firmly entrenched in sunk cost fallacy and cognitive dissonance.

Then wash it all down with this follow-up.

Enjoy your lunch break!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk