Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1163783 times)

Meowz

Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1650 on: December 21, 2018, 10:39:09 AM »
Scrolling through that Spectrum post I'm seeing quite a few posts saying how the new "investors" are good for SC and CIG. I mean the #1 and I mean #1 reason a significant amount of people justified their pledges was to support a company with NO investors (aka publisher) and taking pride that their pledge was going straight to "development" (of CR's bank account). How in the actual F*** do you mentally flip your viewpoint held over so many years on a dime? The people saying this may not all have pledged with that reason being their #1, but only one guy so far as openly disagreed.

These idiots are right up there with Trump's rabid fanbase, I seriously cannot tell the two groups apart!! The blindness of both groups in both situations is uncanny for sure.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1651 on: December 21, 2018, 10:54:47 AM »
Think about this: they have no choice but to hold the line. That's how Sunk Cost Fallacy and Cognitive Dissonance work.

If they don't show a unified front in some regard, it signals that the project has failed, that they were wrong, made bad choices, lied to etc. It's a world view that some of them simply cannot accept.

The whole project is FUBAR and there's no going back.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #1652 on: December 21, 2018, 08:44:59 PM »
[deleted] that was quick :emot-lol:

For some reason postimg did not upload the main screen shot but I did save this post from a loyal backer.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1653 on: December 22, 2018, 07:43:09 AM »
That's some Grade A trolling right there :emot-lol:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #1654 on: December 23, 2018, 06:15:25 AM »
I think if you really want to troll them you've simply to tell them that no matter if you personally are on the hate train right now, you'll win in the end. As for every unfullfilled dream/promise they'll felt let down, while we, who never expected much good to come, will be able to revel in the glory of everything great that might arrive.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1655 on: December 23, 2018, 07:08:49 AM »
The new patch is out, it's pretty great. It added a bunch of new features and mechanics like:

Some new icons on your incomprehensible UI, I guess

And also a whole bunch of new ship (variants) and a whole new business district on Hurston with a single new mission giver! Also, the game now stutters and jerks and jumps and lags and crashes exactly like it did before 3.3, so it seems like they've done a good job undoing all the progress there. They seem to have "Rebalanced" the mission payouts, meaning some of the missions now offer like 3k or 4k credits, which is still loving nothing compared to ships that cost in the millions and that will be removed from your account with the next quarterly patch, or whenever CIG feels like it. They also "Rebalanced" the drug lab, by apparently making it spawn incredibly tiny amounts of product every couple of minutes so you can't do bulk runs anymore, gently caress you anyone who was trying to shortcut their way to fun.

The promised flight rework was not in evidence. When I was at the drug lab somebody shot the engines off my ship, but did not blow it up for some reason. I was literally able to take off and kill them just fine, because the "Engines" in Star Citizen only control forward + backward. All the other directions are governed by your attitude thrusters which are just as powerful. So I killed them and then levitated into space, jumped to my destination, and noclipped to a landing without any further issues.

Basically they should be ashamed of themselves and the fact that this is what they can put out when pressed, on a quarterly basis, says a lot about how hosed the company is.

Hammerhead's still cool though.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1657 on: December 24, 2018, 12:48:59 PM »
:emot-lol: This is the lunatic who proposed to his gf on stage at CitizenCon 2018

https://twitter.com/badnewsbaron/status/1075884771522297856

https://twitter.com/badnewsbaron/status/1075842494791868416

"CIG taking investors:

It makes sense, business wise. Sound move. The game will need marketing. Backers were told raised funds wouldn't be used for marketing, so they secured that money elsewhere
."

Motto

« Reply #1658 on: December 24, 2018, 01:22:55 PM »
He got a woman to go to CitizenCon, proposed to her and she said yes? Dear God, how stupid is that girl?

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #1659 on: December 25, 2018, 01:05:01 AM »
He got a woman to go to CitizenCon, proposed to her and she said yes? Dear God, how stupid is that girl?

Doing that kind of public proposal is really bad form, you are basically pressuring them to say yes by doing it in front of a big crowd.

Motto

« Reply #1660 on: December 25, 2018, 04:57:36 AM »
See my previous comment, I think he already knew she'd say yes  :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1661 on: December 25, 2018, 08:27:27 AM »
These guys are completely nuts.

In the first two minutes, you uttered a stream of inaccuracies.

Dan Offner who is now a director of CIG (UK) and on the board of CIG (US), is babysitting the $46M o.b.o of the billionaire investor, Calder. Offner didn't invest in CIG, and he isn't a billionaire.

Did you even read the official statement from Chris? It's pretty clear. https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/letter-from-the-chairman/investment-news

The money came from the Calders, not Offner. And some of it came from another group (nothing to do with Offner), Infatrade.

Then @ 4:42 you claim that you're going to see how the $46M is going to be used. No, you're not. You're only going by what Chris, who has spent the past 6+ years lying about, literally everything, says (that it's for marketing). Yes, because it makes perfect sense to sell 10% of your company which comes with a high profile babysitter, for "marketing" of a product that's 18+ months away; even as your own financial brochures show that you have consistently burned through more money than you're raising and barely had $14M left end of 2017. Give me a break. This is precisely the sort of bs that made Chris get away with all this for so long whereby 6 yrs and $212M later, he hasn't delivered a SINGLE completed game.

Aside from the fact that their own financial brochures show that, contrary to statements & promises made, they were spending MILLIONS of backer money on marketing. But yeah, it makes perfect sense to go out and get extra money for more marketing. Chris gets away with this crap because he knows his audience. They're the same people who agreed to a ToS which stripped them of all benefits, and made it so that he never has to deliver a game - of any kind. And they agreed to it - willingly.

Also, as any investor will tell you, a valuation isn't worth the paper it's printed on if the company fails to perform. It's why a lot of Silicon Valley companies which were said to be the next unicorn, flamed out. See what happened to Theranos, the largest of those which literally collapsed overnight. CIG is burning through a lot of money. The assets of the company could quite possibly be worth $1M if everything collapses tomorrow. But the fact is that the investors know these risks, and so they take steps (in their share purchase agreements - which aren't public) to somehow protect their investments. So a $460M valuation is patently meaningless. See this article for an explanation of how that works. https://goo.gl/aEZjvT

What's hilarious is that most backers didn't even blink that Chris didn't mention anything about Star Citizen - the game that backers and whales poured so much money into. He focused on SQ42 because he is well aware that most of those who would be remotely interested in SQ42, already own it. And so the next push is to get it done so that he has something else to sell to new gamers as new revenue source because clearly (and this is a fact) Star Citizen isn't providing sufficient funding. And if the recent space combat games are anything to go by, we already know that it's not going to make the numbers that will keep the company afloat in the long term. And now after hearing that a console version is back on the menu, it's just more evidence that Chris makes promises for lip service - and nothing else.

I mean, SQ42 was coming since 2014, then 2016. Just this past Oct CitizenCon he claimed that it was almost ready, that OCS was the final major hurdle etc. Then the roadmap shows up in Dec - and the game is 18+ months away. So back in 2016, it was a full FOUR years away - and they knew this, but kept lying about it anyway.

I know that backers who are so invested that they just attack us and other reasonable minded people, won't be able to be objective - even in the face of irrefutable evidence. I mean, after getting $211M in free money, without a word to backers, he went out and raised $46M over SEVEN months ago. And just like the LumberYard engine switch which they were apparently working through the whole of 2016, he never said a word about it, until the news broke publicly. As I wrote in my latest article, this investment search has been going on since 2017 (I wrote about it in Sept 2017, and tweeted about it in May 2018) - and Chris never said a word about it. In fact, aside from the fact that I broke the news 4 days before CIG said anything, my guess is that he wouldn't have said a word if it weren't for the fact that half of the money went into CIG UK which requires it to be made public. It's why we still don't know who the other investors (e.g. Bootcha exited in 2016) in the US are, because it's a private company.

All of you have FAILED to hold Chris accountable for anything. This is why there are those who, rather than rejoicing in a game that's making progress to release, they're celebrating fund-raising as a measure of success. And now, their own financial brochures (which they can't fudge as that would be fraud), even without a balance sheet or cash basis, shows that the amount of money raised is MEANINGLESS; and is precisely why investors can put a lot of money into a venture and still never save a dead or dying venture.

Most of us who were the original 2012 backers, wanted the project to succeed. But that dream, for the most part, is long dead. And the worst is yet to come.

jwh1701

« Reply #1662 on: December 25, 2018, 10:09:37 AM »

Most of us who were the original 2012 backers, wanted the project to succeed. But that dream, for the most part, is long dead. And the worst is yet to come.

Great analysis of the video and I certainly wanted to see the KS to succeed.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

jwh1701

« Reply #1664 on: December 26, 2018, 07:58:15 AM »
  :magical:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/a9j85m/erotic_gameplay/

LOL, I will try and find the link for the backer that asked for the ability to rape other players in SC.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk