Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1139175 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1305 on: October 10, 2018, 06:13:25 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #1306 on: October 10, 2018, 08:03:55 AM »
They sure know how to treat the actors with respect poor Gary and now this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9mz60v/mark_old_man_hamill_foip_gameplay_leaked/

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1307 on: October 10, 2018, 01:10:23 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Kyrt

« Reply #1308 on: October 10, 2018, 10:10:24 PM »
So this tool rode 2,000 miles to get to paychrobertssomemoremoneyacon

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9mgagg/citizencon_or_bust_0_miles_its_party_time/?sort=old

Ride back will feel longer.

You don't go to cons for the talks...you go for the buzz, the excitement, the social atmosphere and being in a group of like minded fellows.

He probably had a blast.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1309 on: October 11, 2018, 08:34:48 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1311 on: October 11, 2018, 04:50:32 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1312 on: October 11, 2018, 05:17:55 PM »
I can't even stop laughing. This is one of their most devout backers. He pretty much fell off the wagon months ago.

David-2

« Reply #1313 on: October 11, 2018, 06:59:18 PM »
A small question.  At 2:22 of the "Star Citizen 3.3 PTU fps mission" video the starship lands on the base.  The camera is in "third person" mode (I think it is called) looking at the craft.  And when it lands - it doesn't quite land evenly and so it thumps down a bit.  That's just fine.  But my question is: Why does the camera "thump down" instead of staying smooth? In fact, the ship stays steady while the camera bounces.  I felt that was very weird.  Is that the way camera movements in this kind of game usually behave?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1314 on: October 12, 2018, 11:06:58 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1315 on: October 12, 2018, 11:08:44 AM »
A small question.  At 2:22 of the "Star Citizen 3.3 PTU fps mission" video the starship lands on the base.  The camera is in "third person" mode (I think it is called) looking at the craft.  And when it lands - it doesn't quite land evenly and so it thumps down a bit.  That's just fine.  But my question is: Why does the camera "thump down" instead of staying smooth? In fact, the ship stays steady while the camera bounces.  I felt that was very weird.  Is that the way camera movements in this kind of game usually behave?

It's the external camera slaved to the ship itself. It's normal and that's how cameras like that work.

jwh1701

« Reply #1316 on: October 12, 2018, 06:08:59 PM »
What about it?

They had all this fancy jargon on the left so I added some to the right, but you have to ctrl+ the image to read it.

jwh1701

« Reply #1317 on: October 13, 2018, 07:12:28 PM »
Crazy up-votes but to me it just screams p2w when looking at the two ships, but more so than when I
think about the intent behind the poster.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9nw0ln/recreated_the_hammerhead_jaws_movie_poster_hope/

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 07:18:42 PM by jwh1701 »

StanTheMan

« Reply #1318 on: October 14, 2018, 06:46:49 PM »
So MVP is not a game anymore..

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9o84o2/the_true_road_to_release/

And they can't help making fools of themselves.

"srednivashtar42

For what they’re trying to do, yeah.

Not that the man is credible, but even Derek Smart said several years ago (before funding was anywhere near current levels), that a game like Star Citizen couldn’t be made for less than 200 million. The insinuation was that it would never be finished because they could never crowdfund that much money. Well..... ;-)

Edit: I do think at this point CIG could finish on what they’ve already raised and that that’s been true for a couple of years. BUT, it would reduce the scope of what they are able to build somewhat.

So further funding right now is about depth and polish imo.
"

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9o48mu/pledged_after_4_years_of_tracking_the_game/
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 06:51:20 PM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1319 on: October 15, 2018, 09:32:26 AM »
So MVP is not a game anymore..

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9o84o2/the_true_road_to_release/

And they can't help making fools of themselves.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9o48mu/pledged_after_4_years_of_tracking_the_game/

It continues to amaze me how they routinely go from one extreme to the other. And right now, without 3.3.5 even out yet, it's almost as if they're all ignoring the fact that there is no way this project is going to be released in any reasonable fashion in the coming years.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk