Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1076662 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1440 on: November 16, 2018, 04:55:04 AM »
LOL

I feel like 3.3.5 brings this game to the level similar to Elite Dangerous.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9xe1re/happy_with_game_development_not_so_much_with/

I read that thread yesterday. Then it hit me - again - that these are the chuckleheads who are solely responsible for this train-wreck still in progress. These guys have psychological issues. Comparing ED - a massive and finished game - to this travesty is the height of Cognitive Dissonance and denial. They want to believe.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1441 on: November 16, 2018, 08:20:15 AM »
FUD alert!!

"I'm talking the "exploreable area". It looks and feels a lot like Levski and GrimHex. industrial, unkempt, and depressing. Walking around the metro area, there's not much to it. A bar, a salvage place that probably offers a quest (Not fully implemented but you can talk to the guy, which is cool), and a clothing/space-suit store.

I figured with a city as large as lorville, you'd have much larger area to explore and more area's to spend your money. But in reality, it's the same set-up as levski, Same amount of exploreable areas, and I find myself just as limited as the other ports. It's boring to me. I liked the space port, the transit system is pretty sweet, the gates are a good touch to get in/out of the city if you're on ground, but the metro area reminds me too much of the other 2 larger stations we've had. I found myself thinking "Man, there's not much to this place. Nothing to keep me here, guess i'll just go back to crusader."

I'm sure CIG will add missions to Hurston, which will give questers stuff to do. The salvage dude will be working, and maybe you can sell your boxes to him? And there'll be better yields of ore around the moons, (Disclaimer: I haven't done a deep dive of trying to find good yielding nodes, and other people have said they they cant find decent ore either). Maybe there will be stuff like SKP to give the Less-Then-Good players a place to camp. And I get that this is the first live iteration of the area. I understand how development goes. I know CIG "Will add stuff"
."

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9xm2l8/i_find_lorville_underwhelming/
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1442 on: November 16, 2018, 05:26:17 PM »
FUD alert!!

"I'm talking the "exploreable area". It looks and feels a lot like Levski and GrimHex. industrial, unkempt, and depressing. Walking around the metro area, there's not much to it. A bar, a salvage place that probably offers a quest (Not fully implemented but you can talk to the guy, which is cool), and a clothing/space-suit store.

I figured with a city as large as lorville, you'd have much larger area to explore and more area's to spend your money. But in reality, it's the same set-up as levski, Same amount of exploreable areas, and I find myself just as limited as the other ports. It's boring to me. I liked the space port, the transit system is pretty sweet, the gates are a good touch to get in/out of the city if you're on ground, but the metro area reminds me too much of the other 2 larger stations we've had. I found myself thinking "Man, there's not much to this place. Nothing to keep me here, guess i'll just go back to crusader."

I'm sure CIG will add missions to Hurston, which will give questers stuff to do. The salvage dude will be working, and maybe you can sell your boxes to him? And there'll be better yields of ore around the moons, (Disclaimer: I haven't done a deep dive of trying to find good yielding nodes, and other people have said they they cant find decent ore either). Maybe there will be stuff like SKP to give the Less-Then-Good players a place to camp. And I get that this is the first live iteration of the area. I understand how development goes. I know CIG "Will add stuff"
."

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9xm2l8/i_find_lorville_underwhelming/

We could do with knowing how much he spent on jpegs. :embarrassed:

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship - I'm not even Mad.
« Reply #1443 on: November 16, 2018, 05:50:24 PM »
Not even mad that they cannot stop wheels falling off, players keep loosing bones, clipping through ships and moons after so many years of dev.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9xp857/im_not_even_mad/

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

jwh1701

« Reply #1445 on: November 17, 2018, 08:01:09 AM »
Meanwhile over on Hurston

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlazingPlausibleCatNotLikeThis

https://clips.twitch.tv/GlutenFreeGloriousBarracudaTheTarFu

The last one is just a microcosm of everything that is SC development.

Never heard of this guy before, he will probably be streamer of the year.
If anyone wants I can make his whiny into a 8 hour song which would be great ambiance for
romantic evening or for soothing background noise for sleeping.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9xrc98/burkeblack_addressing_haters_is_spot_on_buy_that/
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 09:27:13 PM by jwh1701 »

jwh1701

« Reply #1446 on: November 17, 2018, 09:28:07 PM »

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1447 on: November 18, 2018, 08:43:04 AM »
FUD alert!!

."

I commented on it here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/435505-The-Star-Citizen-Thread-v9?p=7185362&viewfull=1#post7185362

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1448 on: November 18, 2018, 10:28:38 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1449 on: November 19, 2018, 07:03:43 AM »
:emot-lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/9xbj0v/335_progress_report/

Sitting on $4300 of dreamgame.jpg I decided to test out 3.3.5, because just as many people here deep inside we still have a slither of hope that maybe there is a light at the end of this 6 year old long tunnel...

Running an older cpu i72600k 16 gigs of ram SSD and a 980 gtx. So enough to run most games at high at around 45-70 fps.

Logged in, spawned at Loreville 5 fps. All praise CR.

I asked the locals where the space port is. I was told it's an alpha. That answered my question.

Some local tells me he has the same system as me and he's getting 60 fps or 30 fps at 4k. I asked him if he's on the planet or in the middle of nowhere in space? I was told I don't understand game development.

Some random screaming in chat how waiting for 6 years was worth it because the sun set looks amazing. Other randoms are attacking him because the game hasn't really started development until 2014. Other randoms attacking them for being fudsters something about building offices and really 3.0 is where development started.

A local is praising cig because he hasn't crashed in 2 hours. He's also stuck in a chair for the better part of that time because H isn't working. I assume it's preparation H and he chooses to sit. Not sure.

Got out of the starting apartment. FPS hovering at solid 15. Fidelity.gg

Got to a ship terminal. All landing pads full.

All landing pads full.

All landing pads full.

Locals tell me to wait and it will spawn a ship eventually.

Decided to take a train around to look around. Next train 2 minutes. My ship has spawned.

No indication where. Shows 700 M away. I run outside it's not there.

Locals tell me to get down to the elevators. I did. Ship despawns just as I get into an elevator.

Get the ship out again. Landing pads full.

Landing pads full.

Landing pads full.

Ships spawns, it doesn't say where (like it does at Port Olisar). Looked at screen again - now it says large landing pad.

Asked locals where I can find large landing pad. They say it's one of the elevators. There are like 12 of them and take 20 seconds to get down each.

Visited 5 different pads, ship despawns.

Locals play a game, everyone takes an elevator down and they tell each other what ship spawned where.

55 minutes later finally found my ship. Requested take off.

Landing gear fused with floor. Ship despawns.

Back to the top I get, some random is running a rescue mission. I follow the crowd to be rescued from my $4300 investment.

He picks us up outside to fly us to a "rest stop". I assume it's a term for some form of a gang bang.

We're flying. Warring bells go off. We explode because noflyzone.wtf

Back in my 4 fps apartment. Run to terminals, hollycrap my phoenix spawned and told me where. I am the chosen one.

Get in it, request take off, and it actually worked.

I fly up. Random local tells me it's going to be about 5 minutes before I can clear atmosphere. Now this is the kind of immersion I love, just like I loved public transportation in world of warcraft, I never liked questing, it's flying on flight master for 5 minutes that what sold that game.

We check out the ship while it flies up. Holly crap I have a piano. Space sims are saved.

Piano plays music when you use it. This is actually kid of neat. Totally worth $275.

So I played the piano once, don't think I'll look at it again. I'm glad they worked on it instead of silly things like flight model, ship docking, art assets, game play, trade or anything that makes a game a game.

Finally cleared the atmosphere roughly 2 hours after my initial log in. Some locals seem upset but others tell them to get off ptu and star citizen. Come back in 6 years where it's a little more polished.

I'm glad this is considered early release. PC gaming is saved.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1450 on: November 20, 2018, 06:53:21 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1451 on: November 20, 2018, 06:56:50 AM »
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 07:09:13 AM by dsmart »

StanTheMan

« Reply #1452 on: November 20, 2018, 11:13:53 AM »
THIS IS BASIC STUFF!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1453 on: November 20, 2018, 03:02:11 PM »

jwh1701

« Reply #1454 on: November 20, 2018, 05:44:15 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk