Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1138579 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1455 on: November 21, 2018, 12:29:15 PM »
When it works, this is what Star Citizen looks like. If you're into site-seeing with zero gameplay of course. In expensive chariots.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1456 on: November 22, 2018, 06:06:11 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1457 on: November 22, 2018, 06:19:45 AM »

jwh1701

« Reply #1458 on: November 22, 2018, 10:04:17 AM »

jwh1701

« Reply #1459 on: November 22, 2018, 10:05:36 AM »
:emot-lol: I read all of that!  :vince:

As a long time Backer and supporter of Star Citizen, I reached a turning point...

Like to see at least 20+ or more of this type of post per week just to see cigs reactions.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1460 on: November 22, 2018, 11:57:50 AM »
I am thankful that toxic clowns in the Star Citizen community continue to provide endless lols while proving us right. A thread about toxicity descending into toxicity is par for the course. And somehow it's still all my fault.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1461 on: November 22, 2018, 05:02:54 PM »
When it works, this is what Star Citizen looks like. If you're into site-seeing with zero gameplay of course. In expensive chariots.

The Commander closest to the camera looks like hes shat himself and is "paddling" to push it down a trouser leg.

From
:emot-lol: I read all of that!  :vince:

As a long time Backer and supporter of Star Citizen, I reached a turning point...

"very well may not buy/pledge any additional money because I am frustrated"

Yet at the last minute he will crumble and cough up some more $

Then there is this prick quoting
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Failing to understand that CRoberts is spending Backers money and having a great time.   Definitely not "in the arena..marred in dust"
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 05:21:50 PM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1462 on: November 23, 2018, 07:18:24 AM »
The free-fly event is starting today at 8am PST / 11am EST

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//16849-Anniversary-Promotion-Free-Fly-Details

In the case of SC, it's about numbers. They claim to have 2m accounts (which some interpret to be backers - which is obviously incorrect), but the engagement is in the shitter. According to our metrics, it's the 200 or so whales who keep buying everything and thus keeping them afloat awhile longer each time. e.g. it was one guy, Algared, who spent $7K to push them over the $200m mark a few days ago. Just like that. And he did it for specifically that reason.

He appears @ 0:53

And like all the other free-fly events before this, they will get a lot of flak, a lot will be written about it, gamers (who are notoriously finicky bastards to begin with) will either praise or attack it for being a mess after 7 yrs and $200m. But it won't matter because the dedicated whales aren't going anywhere, and the Star Citizen Defense Force will always be on hand with the "It's only alpha!" mantra being shouted at the roof tops.

Also, in 3.3.6 which they released a few days ago ahead of today's event, they moved the starting spawn point from Lorville back to Port Olisar. I couldn't believe that they did that. but it makes sense because Lorville is a massive performance nightmare and glitch fest. They're hoping that new players aren't going to stick around to find out that Lorville exists, let alone how to get there.

So with this move, to get to the Lorville location and shopping area, n00bs - in a badly broken game with horrid documentation, have to do the following:

- spawn at Port Olisar
- figure out how to get a ship :emot-lol:
- take-off
- fly about 15 mins to Hurston
- figure out how to stay outside the no-fly-zones without dying, land etc

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1463 on: November 23, 2018, 09:09:48 AM »
The free-fly event is starting today at 8am PST / 11am EST
Their 2 million player infrastructure broke down under the load.  :laugh:

Their login servers sends back a 504 Gateway timeout HTML error message, but their amateur hour "Delta Patcher" doesn't bother with checking the HTTP response code and starts parsing it as JSON.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 09:13:30 AM by Backer42 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1464 on: November 23, 2018, 09:23:28 AM »
Yeah, I've been watching that

« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 09:26:51 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1465 on: November 23, 2018, 09:55:55 AM »
Chris and co are on the case

jwh1701

« Reply #1466 on: November 23, 2018, 02:37:38 PM »
Yeah, I've been watching that

For some reason its was wanting me to logout of the RSI then back in and then the RSI launcher worked after that.

Currently in the install phase, I will doing 4k to 8k screens shots for here and reddit for the lols.
https://i.postimg.cc/G3kyz6gQ/screenshot-10.png

jwh1701

« Reply #1467 on: November 23, 2018, 02:38:02 PM »
Chris and co are on the case

LOL well done to.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1468 on: November 23, 2018, 02:46:33 PM »
Well I got the techdemo running, got a ship, flew to Hurston, running at smooth 23.976 fps. Heavy LoD problems with textures meant no readable signs,  got a train/elevator ride, ran through a few small Doom3-style corridors trying to depict a "city", got to the "Aerospace Expo" with no ship models loading in, client crashed, have to wait 15 minutes to get another ship.

That was my experience so far. Did I miss something impressive?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1469 on: November 23, 2018, 03:11:51 PM »
That was my experience so far. Did I miss something impressive?

Yes. You missed all the fidelity. Pledge more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk