Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1132323 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1710 on: January 15, 2019, 03:20:54 PM »
The comments. Oh gawd, the comments. Do stay for the comments :emot-lol:

I could not play with the guy, the comments go from over the top deceived to people that can see all the popping, glitching, hit box issues, jerking etc. But if the game was in someone else's hands that was not scamming the backers I could have a lot of fun with those types of skirmishes.

dexatron

« Reply #1711 on: January 15, 2019, 08:48:01 PM »
It really doesn't get any more f*cked than this...  Let's do the time warp again.... It's just a jump to the left...
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do

Noztra

« Reply #1712 on: January 16, 2019, 12:03:21 AM »
I still don't get why their flight model can be so bad???

Looking at the ships its like they have zero inertia and mass. You can go from 300m/s to 0 in like 1 sec even in atmospheric flight. Just look plain stupid!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1713 on: January 16, 2019, 05:39:22 AM »
I still don't get why their flight model can be so bad???

Looking at the ships its like they have zero inertia and mass. You can go from 300m/s to 0 in like 1 sec even in atmospheric flight. Just look plain stupid!

Fidelity  :emot-ughh:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #1714 on: January 16, 2019, 03:14:43 PM »
It will always amaze me to see people still working hard to earn money and use it to buy ships in SC. While it is there money I do not understand the need to spend so much, why not wait and see if the game will ever get close to the basic ks goals or at least playable game content.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/agn7bh/hopping_on_the_wave_too_this_is_not_enough_need/
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 05:54:23 PM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1715 on: January 16, 2019, 04:14:19 PM »
It will always amaze me to see people still working hard to earn money and use to buy ships in SC. While it is there money I do not understand the need to spend so much, why not wait and see if the game will ever get close to the basic ks goals or at least playable game content.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/agn7bh/hopping_on_the_wave_too_this_is_not_enough_need/

Addiction + the need to belong + Sunk Cost Fallacy + Cognitive Dissonance
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1716 on: January 17, 2019, 04:59:33 AM »

David-2

« Reply #1717 on: January 17, 2019, 09:43:28 AM »
Just gonna leave this here and keep on running :emot-lol:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/3k9xe9/star-citizen-xian-penis-dildo-reddit

That must be some of Star Citizen's emergent gameplay we've been hearing so much about.

jwh1701

« Reply #1718 on: January 17, 2019, 02:25:22 PM »
Just gonna leave this here and keep on running :emot-lol:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/3k9xe9/star-citizen-xian-penis-dildo-reddit

I try and follow the thought process that one would take take one to thinking this up and then  creating this and I'm dumbfounded. All I see is a pitcher plant.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1719 on: January 17, 2019, 06:02:42 PM »
I try and follow the thought process that one would take take one to thinking this up and then  creating this and I'm dumbfounded. All I see is a pitcher plant.

You're over-thinking it. Just lol and move on. :emot-lol:

StanTheMan

« Reply #1720 on: January 17, 2019, 06:08:33 PM »
All I see is a pitcher plant.

Thats what you say to all the girls...

jwh1701

« Reply #1721 on: January 17, 2019, 06:24:59 PM »
You're over-thinking it. Just lol and move on. :emot-lol:

LOL very true.

Thats what you say to all the girls...

LOL
My dream would be to tell 7of9 resistance is futile.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1722 on: January 18, 2019, 02:33:09 PM »
LOL! Latest roadmap is out - and again - they've removed crap from it. And we're not even half-way to end of Q1/19 yet. :emot-lol:

Still waiting for this guy to post his usual colorful version

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/aheo7y/bye_bye_salvage/

I like how they're still making shit (soft launch? wtf?) up out of whole cloth

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/ahewej/gameplay_features_again_delayed/

Motto

« Reply #1723 on: January 18, 2019, 02:35:46 PM »
Another one trying to show actual progress being made. Now in a Google Spreadsheet

This is just :emot-laffo:

Finally for Core Tech we are still doing a little revamp. Five features have been removed : Parallel Network Jobs, Lobby Refactor, both OCS improvements, and the Organic Shader are gone. To compensate, two new features have been added, Asynchronous Disconnection Refactor, which is supposed to "improve efficiency and usability of the asynchronous disconnection code. Refactoring this will clean-up a lot of bugs such as infinite loading screens, server crashes, and client crashes, while also helping to assure that more of these issues don't occur in the future. ". And a second one related to OCS called Network OCS Stall Fixes, which fixes "network-related processing stalls during entity binding/unbinding as a result of Bind Culling and OCS.". So like for gameplay, these new features are centered around improving the current experience. And to close this section, we have +30% on Hard Surface Shader Improvements.

OH, another Progress Tracker  :emot-laffo:

So many ways to show that this game will never see the light of day  :emot-lol:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:09:56 PM by Motto »

jwh1701

« Reply #1724 on: January 18, 2019, 03:53:28 PM »
LOL! Latest roadmap is out - and again - they've removed crap from it. And we're not even half-way to end of Q1/19 yet. :emot-lol:

These are always fun to post in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk