Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1076053 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #256 on: September 01, 2017, 10:37:48 AM »
The tribe are pretty much getting used to the fact that 3.0 is a clusterfuck that, if released this year, would just continue to prolong the disaster.

I bet they release it by year end. They have to.

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Gamescom 2017 Behind the Scenes

And because the 3.0 is such a disaster, Chris will then announce that it is obvious that the 4 studio thingy is not working and he therefore has decided to close 3 studio's immediatly and will regroup the best of the best into one studio so the 4.0 build will bring the polished quality of the highest fidelity. As he promised. Finally. Now if we just al could bear with him just thru one more concept sale, it'll be swell!

Motto

« Reply #257 on: September 01, 2017, 11:15:59 AM »
Nice tweet BTW  :smuggo:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #258 on: September 01, 2017, 11:29:23 AM »
Nice tweet BTW  :smuggo:

Yeah. I saw your earlier post, and considered it a good idea.  :D
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #259 on: September 01, 2017, 11:34:35 AM »
I'm full of it. Good idea's I mean   :cop:

Now let's see how they will comment on that tweet at /r/dereksmart

I'm really curious to see how they will spin that since it's no text from you
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 12:18:06 PM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #260 on: September 01, 2017, 02:29:42 PM »
I swear these guys are way off the Sperg spectrum

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6xggl9/heres_why_i_think_luxury_is_important_and_worth/

My goal in Star Citizen is to be a weapons trader. I want to get the good guns, tweak them and sell them. My dream is that when I deliver a load of weapons, it will be in a luxury ship like the 600i. When I show up to give you your weapons, I want you to think of me as a successful business man to be taken seriously.

I think there's a big difference between showing up in a Connie Andromeda vs. a 600i. It's not something most people would probably think about consciously, but there's a statement being made and people are going to respond to it in game.

On another note, probably even more important, everyone will probably be doing a lot of business with the AI and the ship you use could very well have a big impact on the AI's opinion of you. I could totally see some in-verse organizations
completely ignoring you if you don't show up in the right type of ship. That's a pretty easy thing to program and the AI will be way more common than players. Even pirates would likely respond very differently.

EDIT: I cannot afford to buy a 600i in real life. I plan on making the money in-game and buying one.

N0mad

« Reply #261 on: September 02, 2017, 12:46:56 AM »
I have a personal theory (with no real way to test it): since at every interview CRoberts says you can do anything in the game, nobody has really explained what the core gameplay really is. CIG are selling the dream of the BDSSE backed up with flashy jpegs. So I think all the zealots probably have their own little fantasy about what Star Citizen means to them and how they want to play it - and, my hypothesis, is that they are all different.

Of Course this means that they'll all be disappointed eventually when they realise that the game can never meet their fantasy expectations.

the_wolfmann

« Reply #262 on: September 02, 2017, 02:48:47 AM »
^ Kind of the hype-loop NMS fell into? Jee, if only we had a recent example of how that ended... :doh:

Aya Reiko

« Reply #263 on: September 02, 2017, 03:00:09 AM »
^ Kind of the hype-loop NMS fell into? Jee, if only we had a recent example of how that ended... :doh:
In NMS's case, it worked because the hype showcases worked as intended.

In SC's case, well...

the_wolfmann

« Reply #264 on: September 02, 2017, 08:18:00 AM »
Interesting...
Is it just me or is this game also flagged falsely as Star Citizen by YouTube?

On a side note, looks like this game promises everything SC does minus the MMO part and will most surely deliver on their promise considering Egosoft's track record.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 08:20:54 AM by the_wolfmann »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #265 on: September 02, 2017, 08:21:28 AM »
Interesting...
Is it just me or is this game also flagged falsely as Star Citizen by YouTube?

On a side note, looks like this game promises everything SC does minus the MMO part and will most surely deliver on their promise considering Egosoft's track record.

heh, good find. Shitizens have been claiming that we tagged our videos manually in order to get page hits through Star Citizen.

the_wolfmann

« Reply #266 on: September 02, 2017, 08:40:50 AM »
heh, good find. Shitizens have been claiming that we tagged our videos manually in order to get page hits through Star Citizen.

I stumbled upon it out of pure interest for X4's release details. The moment I saw the incorrect tag is when I recalled the YouTube false tagging debacle that was brought back in this thread a few days ago.

Call me paranoid but how exactly did YouTube rank Star Citizen as so important as to tag any video resembling it. Could it be all the streamers doing CIGs bidding that skews YT's algorithms?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2017, 08:44:47 AM »

I stumbled upon it out of pure interest for X4's release details. The moment I saw the incorrect tag is when I recalled the YouTube false tagging debacle that was brought back in this thread a few days ago.

Call me paranoid but how exactly did YouTube rank Star Citizen as so important as to tag any video resembling it. Could it be all the streamers doing CIGs bidding that skews YT's algorithms?

We have no clue. What we found is that if you don't manually tag a video, it will then use Star Citizen. Probably because it's the most popular video tag used on the system. We had to go in and manually tag all our videos with our actual game name in order to fix it.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #268 on: September 02, 2017, 09:09:43 AM »
Meanwhile, over at the refund shack

The reasons are bollocks. They all wanted out. Now they're using all kinds of bullshit reasons to get out because you know impressions are everything. Fuck 'em.

As I said yesterday, I hope CIG just stops giving refunds. I want them ALL to lose their money because THEY are the reason that this farce continues, and has lasted this long, thus prolonging my fucking E.L.E. Those bastards.  :argh:

After a long drawn out battle, my fight is over. Unfortunately my full refund request was denied

Just wait, it's about to get a whole lot worse

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 09:14:00 AM by dsmart »

the_wolfmann

« Reply #269 on: September 02, 2017, 09:34:11 AM »
I truly believe some of the people genuinely deserve to get their money back as they are being actively manipulated into thinking they're buying into a project that will succeed. Especially most of the newcomers.

That said, it's the whales and white knights that deserve no pity and to lose all their money :black101: :10bux:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk