Author Topic: Star Citizen Media Musings  (Read 592617 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen Media Musings
« Reply #825 on: September 05, 2018, 02:07:35 PM »
Oh boy, this is sure to enrage the citizenship

In case you missed his earlier rant from 2015

Pretty funny, I really did not start thinking something had really gone off the deep end in maui till early 2016.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 02:11:50 PM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #826 on: September 21, 2018, 05:25:44 AM »
Like just out of nowhere :emot-lol:

FF to 3:10

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #827 on: September 24, 2018, 04:46:58 AM »
:emot-lol:

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #828 on: October 10, 2018, 11:15:53 AM »
Star Citizen’s wacky face over IP tech is expected to enter public testing today

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/10/17959692/star-citizen-face-over-animation-tech-launch-ptu

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #830 on: October 18, 2018, 10:31:12 AM »
Latest Guard Frequency

https://guardfrequency.com/233

04:00 - "I have not enjoyed anything but the dreaming, but those dreams were squashed due to CIG's failure to launch an engaging product" (reading from an e-mail)
19:00 - "I'm not disappointed with 61% undelivered"
01:04:30 - "I think this trainwreck coming down the pike"

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #831 on: October 25, 2018, 10:21:51 AM »
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-25-star-citizens-face-mo-cap-used-to-make-music-video-for-bowies-space-oddity

"There's still not a lot to do in Star Citizen but thankfully there is now ridiculous technology to do it with."

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #832 on: October 25, 2018, 11:49:30 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #834 on: October 31, 2018, 07:05:19 AM »
*MOVED* Note, I am no longer going to be moving off-topic posts. From now on, I will just delete them

It seems EA think thousand player instances can be done using cloud servers. Interesting.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/10/ea-has-over-1000-staff-working-on-cloud-gaming/

A simple example given was the battle royale genre. Games tend to have a maximum of 100 players due to the current constraints of consoles and gaming PCs, but relying on cloud computing could - in theory - overcome those technical restrictions to enable grander experiences. "Thousands of players could compete on a single map hundreds or thousands of kilometers wide, in a game session that could last for days, weeks, or years and with the progression and persistence of realistic seasons and campaigns," Moss said.

Except, this has never been in dispute because that's how MMO games are designed from the ground up; hence the "massively" part. Big worlds, seamlessly stitched together to give the impression of scale isn't rocket science. Eve Online does it, though at a smaller scale and their game isn't real-time twitch based. ED does it just fine - and they use cloud tech to do it. LoD does it - though I use linked hardware servers instead of cloud instances.

Also, that wasn't the claim that Chris and Erin made. Their claim was "thousands of players on a single server". You do know the difference, right?

ps: You did notice the "in theory" part of that statement, right?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 08:09:49 AM by dsmart »

jwh1701

« Reply #835 on: October 31, 2018, 11:40:52 AM »
*MOVED* Note, I am no longer going to be moving off-topic posts. From now on, I will just delete them

Except, this has never been in dispute because that's how MMO games are designed from the ground up; hence the "massively" part. Big worlds, seamlessly stitched together to give the impression of scale isn't rocket science. Eve Online does it, though at a smaller scale and their game isn't real-time twitch based. ED does it just fine - and they use cloud tech to do it. LoD does it - though I use linked hardware servers instead of cloud instances.

Also, that wasn't the claim that Chris and Erin made. Their claim was "thousands of players on a single server". You do know the difference, right?

ps: You did notice the "in theory" part of that statement, right?

When I need the best unbiased SC news there is only two you can trust boredgamer and Montoya.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #836 on: November 09, 2018, 12:35:06 PM »
Star Citizen is delaying quite a bit of alpha 3.4 into 3.5 to make its December goal – including female toons

https://massivelyop.com/2018/11/09/star-citizen-is-delaying-quite-a-bit-of-alpha-3-4-into-3-5-to-make-its-december-goal-including-female-toons/

jham

« Reply #837 on: November 11, 2018, 09:58:22 AM »
I don't know if I can post links, but in DaGaimez's latest YouTube video called "STAR CITIZEN - I WAS WRONG!", he informs us that CIG is going to have a "huge source of revenue" from the groundbreaking tech they've developed, which they can license to others. So listen up game developers! Get in on the ground floor and license that magic CIG tech!

StanTheMan

« Reply #838 on: November 11, 2018, 10:38:35 AM »
DaGaimez's latest YouTube video called "STAR CITIZEN - I WAS WRONG!"
He should have titled it -   Star Citizen - I'm A Schlong.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 10:57:45 AM by StanTheMan »

jwh1701

« Reply #839 on: November 11, 2018, 06:52:43 PM »
I don't know if I can post links, but in DaGaimez's latest YouTube video called "STAR CITIZEN - I WAS WRONG!", he informs us that CIG is going to have a "huge source of revenue" from the groundbreaking tech they've developed, which they can license to others. So listen up game developers! Get in on the ground floor and license that magic CIG tech!

Missed that video lol, he's not playing with a deck of full cards or he's rowing upstream with one oar.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk