Author Topic: Star Citizen Media Musings  (Read 591720 times)

Beexoffel

• Smarties
Re: Star Citizen Media Musings
« Reply #960 on: March 05, 2019, 07:32:36 AM »
Don't feed the troll.
OK then, I'll do something else.

Ha ha, nicely put. It's certainly fascinating to watch. It's going to be very interesting to see how Squadron is received when they finally release it.
You sound like a moderate Citizen, not a white knight but someone with some idea of the various pros and cons of this pro- or con-scheme.
I'd like to invite you to join Something Awful and post your views in this thread, https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&pagenumber=5921#lastpost .
Given a gentle introduction, the Goons usually accept differing views with amused curiosity.
An offering of animal pics would certainly smooth your welcome.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #961 on: March 05, 2019, 07:47:39 AM »
I haven't read the SA thread for quite some time but I always found it funny. The regulars in there certainly know where their funny bones are located! Paying for access to a forum just doesn't sit well with me though so thank you, but no thank you.

Does MOMA still post there? I hope his family is dead :grin:

Beexoffel

• Smarties
« Reply #962 on: March 05, 2019, 07:56:59 AM »
I haven't read the SA thread for quite some time but I always found it funny. The regulars in there certainly know where their funny bones are located! Paying for access to a forum just doesn't sit well with me though so thank you, but no thank you.

Does MOMA still post there? I hope his family is dead :grin:
MOMA is rather absent lately, unfortunately. I certainly hope his family is well!
I'm not sure how I can pay :tenbux: and get you access.
It sure gave me the most online entertainment I ever got out of $10.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #963 on: March 05, 2019, 12:17:23 PM »
Could you define 'dead' for me please? Looks like five million plus in funding so far this year and a new update on it's way, Reddit busy, forums busy, development continues on Squadron...

Looks very much alive to me.

Nope. Too easy.  :emot-allears:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #964 on: March 05, 2019, 12:18:42 PM »
Playing the game would show some reasonably large differences between 4 years ago and now. A graph of development milestones might not be very impressive but the game experience has changed enormously in that time.

I don't think anyone is claiming that there was no progress since 2012. Not even sure why you thought that was something of an issue.

Still slow of course, but dead? Nah.

Yeah it's dead, bro.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #965 on: March 05, 2019, 12:41:47 PM »
Maybe it's a lich lord? Stumbling onward, moaning and stealing souls?

Greggy_D

« Reply #966 on: March 05, 2019, 03:33:35 PM »

krylite

« Reply #967 on: March 21, 2019, 01:25:39 PM »
"squioflove" on how SC is "still broken", good analysis past the veneer, and more fun yt comments waking up to the scam.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 01:29:50 PM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

wiser3754

« Reply #970 on: April 19, 2019, 05:03:15 PM »
"Star Citizen dev discuss creating a Universe for fans, by fans". Here's a good discussion topic for ya, the Redeemer. Made by fans yet to be released to the fans who were stupid enough to buy it.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #971 on: April 23, 2019, 06:48:22 AM »
Yeah, nothing suspicious about yet another Newsweek article, within a span of days. At all.

https://www.newsweek.com/star-citizen-director-chris-roberts-reveal-how-fix-anthem-1401588

jham

« Reply #972 on: April 23, 2019, 07:40:30 AM »
I'd love to see the Anthem developers trash Star Citizen.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #973 on: April 23, 2019, 08:38:50 AM »
Gamestar.de posted about CRoberts take on Anthem and it lead to quite a lot of comments going "Uh Oh, does he not talk about Anthems player expectations but also Star Citizens?". The overall tone felt like quite some detour form the usual tone regarding the great SC and CRoberts in those comments.

StanTheMan

« Reply #974 on: April 27, 2019, 09:42:39 AM »
Yeah, nothing suspicious about yet another Newsweek article, within a span of days. At all.

https://www.newsweek.com/star-citizen-director-chris-roberts-reveal-how-fix-anthem-1401588

How does this sort of thing work ? 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk