Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1314116 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #525 on: July 27, 2017, 06:34:17 AM »
Oh, please don't tell me how things work in the country I was born and raised. That there are EU rules doesn't mean that that can't be additional rules for a individual country.

Here, The Dutch Chamber of Commerce regarding the annual financial statement (jaarrekening). I'll give the Google translation without edititing so you can see I didn't alter.

Deposit account
Depositing is legally required for many companies. This will make your company's financial information available to anyone interested in it. Businesses in business class micro and small can only deposit digitally.

Is my company obliged to deposit?
Bv's, NV's, cooperatives and mutual insurance companies are examples of legal forms that are obliged to deposit the financial statements. For sole proprietors, this obligation is not applicable.

How do I see if my annual accounts have been deposited?
Use your company or company name to verify that the annual accounts have been deposited. If your financial year is stated in the results, you will know that your financial statements have been processed. If you have registered online, your annual accounts will be immediately visible. For deposits by mail or email, please take into account a processing time of 5-10 business days. Unrecorded annual accounts are not published.

B.V. stands for Besloten Vennootschap that translates as Ltd.; private company; private limited company
N.V. stands for Naamloze Vennootschap that translates as PLC; public limited liability company

Serendipity

« Reply #526 on: July 27, 2017, 06:40:02 AM »
Oh dear, "For sole proprietors, this obligation is not applicable."

If it's unlimited liability then it's not applicable.

Anyway, it matters not. If they had to publish then they would, they haven't, ergo, they don't. What happens in other places around the world isn't important or relevant.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 06:45:07 AM by Serendipity »

Motto

« Reply #527 on: July 27, 2017, 06:47:23 AM »
For sole proprietors, this obligation is not applicable means that you are a one-man company (like a freelancer, or modernly know as ZZP (Zelfstandig Zonder Personeel) meaning single without staff employed).

Sole proprietors has nothing to do with stock beeing traded. I can have a BV and be the single shareholder not on the stock market and I still have to deposit my "jaarrekening" simply because I have a BV. It's the BV that has the obligation btw, not the owner.

Are you really that dumb that you now are arguing about something I do know because of study and businesswise? Are you Dutch?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 06:48:56 AM by Motto »

Serendipity

« Reply #528 on: July 27, 2017, 07:22:02 AM »
Why don't we just stop, it's not important or relevant to the discussion. CIG don't have to file public financials.

For sole proprietors, this obligation is not applicable means that you are a one-man company (like a freelancer, or modernly know as ZZP (Zelfstandig Zonder Personeel) meaning single without staff employed).

Sole proprietor has nothing to do with how many people you employ at all though, please don't try to sound like you know when you don't. Sole proprietor means a person who is the exclusive owner of a business, entitled to keep all profits after tax has been paid but liable for all losses. Not at all to do with number of employees. And you ask if I'm dumb...ha ha.

I'd recommend using this thing they call 'google' to check before you post total codswallop again. You do know because of study and businesswise, hahahaha. Fail of the day award goes to...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 07:28:58 AM by Serendipity »

Serendipity

« Reply #529 on: July 27, 2017, 07:32:38 AM »
Back on topic, Sandi posted an interesting GIF on her twitter with a multiplayer performance test. Low gravity jumping and all.

Looks nice. I'd imagine that's over LAN however.

https://twitter.com/sandigardiner/status/890297562678382592

10 people spotted. Still a long way to go before the first 'M' of MMO becomes a reality...

Motto

« Reply #530 on: July 27, 2017, 08:03:04 AM »
Just for the record, I can have a B.V. and be the sole proprietor (meaning, I own all the companies shares and all those shares are not on the stockmarket) and then I still have to deliver my annual financial statement. No, this has nothing to do with this CIG, but don't blame me for telling lies when you're simply dead wrong.

But I give up. There is just no reasoning with you.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:47:08 AM by Motto »

Serendipity

« Reply #531 on: July 27, 2017, 08:44:24 AM »
Just for the record, I can have a B.V. and be the sole proprietor (meaning, I own all the companies shares and all those shares are not on the stockmarket) and then I still have to deliver my annual financial statement. No, this has nothing to do with this CIG, but don't blame me for telling lies when you're simply dead wrong.

But I give up. There is just no reasoning with you.

There's plenty of reasoning to be had with me but you kind of ruined your credibility by trying to tell me a sole proprietor doesn't have employees. I've been reading this document to try and understand. Not entirely sure but I think I'm still right. Anywhoo, it matters not. We should drop it like it's hot.

Motto

« Reply #532 on: July 27, 2017, 08:53:40 AM »
The only ones who do not have to deliver their annual financial reports are the sole proprietors, as in sole proprietors that you are a one-man company (like a freelancer, or modernly known as ZZP (Zelfstandig Zonder Personeel) meaning single without staff employed). Maybe I wasn't clear enough that I meant that.

As said, I can have a B.V. and be the sole proprietor (meaning, I own all the companies shares regardless if they are on the stockmarket or not) and then I (the company) still have to deliver my annual financial statement.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #533 on: July 27, 2017, 08:59:32 AM »
Back on topic, Sandi posted an interesting GIF on her twitter with a multiplayer performance test. Low gravity jumping and all.

10 people spotted. Still a long way to go before the first 'M' of MMO becomes a reality...

Yeah it's nice they're still reading my Tweets and posts when I make of fun of their 8 client MMO.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

GaryII

« Reply #534 on: July 27, 2017, 12:28:16 PM »
 Its really funny to listen about their  "MMO" dream net-code

In one video we can hear about thousands player dream and 64 player limit at same time..

So in best scenario they can have similar "MMO" game as Elite, you can actually see max 64 players, but other "ghosts" will influence economy and other stuff in the background...   

Serendipity

« Reply #535 on: July 27, 2017, 02:05:10 PM »
They have recently mentioned that what they're doing with the server meshes and what not has never been done before. Where it ends up will be interesting. Obviously not in game now but here's to hoping a decent amount of players can interact in time.

They've managed new things with Cryengine already so with the help of Amazon's technology who knows what will happen. I don't think Erin's hundreds of thousands of players will ever materialise but I don't think he'd say that if he didn't believe it. Maybe he meant hundreds or thousands. Maybe the new technology will break new ground. Here's to hoping.

StanTheMan

« Reply #536 on: July 27, 2017, 05:25:44 PM »
They have recently mentioned that what they're doing with the server meshes and what not has never been done before. Where it ends up will be interesting. Obviously not in game now but here's to hoping a decent amount of players can interact in time.

They've managed new things with Cryengine already so with the help of Amazon's technology who knows what will happen. I don't think Erin's hundreds of thousands of players will ever materialise but I don't think he'd say that if he didn't believe it. Maybe he meant hundreds or thousands. Maybe the new technology will break new ground. Here's to hoping.

"already ?"

lol.

Serendipity

« Reply #537 on: July 28, 2017, 12:47:11 AM »

Yeah it's nice they're still reading my Tweets and posts when I make of fun of their 8 client MMO.

Hey, congratulations on maintaining at least some kind of relevance to the video game industry I guess.  :shrug:

"already ?"

lol.

Creating a cryengine map more than a few km in size is new. CIG have done that with 2.0. If there is any other cryengine game that has maps over 20km in size please let me know and I'll edit my post and thought process, cheers.

helimoth

« Reply #538 on: July 28, 2017, 05:41:01 AM »
Creating a cryengine map more than a few km in size is new. CIG have done that with 2.0. If there is any other cryengine game that has maps over 20km in size please let me know and I'll edit my post and thought process, cheers.

That's an interesting angle, to talk about things CIG have done. I reckon it would be a short-lived discussion though. Thing is this; I could open a pizzeria and create the biggest sausage and cheese pizza - bigger than anyone else. If it was half-baked, tasted terrible and cost far than most other pizzas, would anyone really care?

Serendipity

« Reply #539 on: July 28, 2017, 07:04:10 AM »

That's an interesting angle, to talk about things CIG have done. I reckon it would be a short-lived discussion though. Thing is this; I could open a pizzeria and create the biggest sausage and cheese pizza - bigger than anyone else. If it was half-baked, tasted terrible and cost far than most other pizzas, would anyone really care?

If you were given over 155 million dollars in pre orders for your pizza then I'd say yeah, plenty of people care.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk