Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1314853 times)

Serendipity

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #780 on: August 09, 2017, 07:47:30 AM »
So just as a side discussion Motto, when did you last see the universe implode?

Motto

« Reply #781 on: August 09, 2017, 09:48:59 AM »
Since the Big Bang, the universe is expanding. It is likely that that expansion will come to a halt, and after that the universe will shrink again until the absolute nothing and then the cycle starts all over with a big bang. I'm working on a schedule, but their might be some delays. You know, since this is a whole new uncharted territory that noone ever has done before and all. However, me living long enough to actually see that implosion/explosion has a higher probabilty than Chris Roberts living up to delivering his pitched game.

And that funding chart is complete bogus. If you think that they actually generate that kind of money month after month after month after month for several years in a row now, with almost nothing to show for, you must be stupid. Oh wait, we already knew that.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 01:02:22 PM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #782 on: August 09, 2017, 10:28:52 AM »

Derek has been right before now about some little, inconsequential things. I will admit he's right about the big predictions, (meaning his constant bleating about being out of money and that the game can't be made), when CIG collapse and disappear without releasing 2 games that resemble what they've laid out they're making.

Now we could start discussing how he used 'current tech' 'as pitched' and 'unless they have money, time and expertise' as get out clauses but that's not really worth it. He'll claim he was right whatever happens.

They release a great pair of games that are critically acclaimed and sell well, it's not technology from 2015 and they managed to scrape together the tech to make it work but it's all smoke and mirrors...

They release a pair of games without some minor feature and it's not 'as pitched'.

The only way I'll admit Derek was right, and I'm talking about the big predictions, not the name of a secret ship or some staff leaving or whatever, is when CIG collapse through financial mismanagement or the games they make are an anorexic shadow of what has been described. Until then, he's being made to look more and more wrong every day they don't collapse. Those damn analytics! If only they weren't open to being skewed by hyperbole...

I'm really looking forward to reading his Gamescom predictions. Hopefully he doesn't release them too early and allow CIG to change it all to spite him again.

You know, this is why I really need to write a specific article about all the things I've been right or wrong about, because this argument is getting so old. And that's only because you guys are in complete denial. I have been right about a LOT of very important things. Just off the top of my head:

- they don't have the tech to build the game // they switched to LY

- they would need $150M+ to build the game he pitched // we're at $156M, and no game. Plus that makes it $91M over budget already

- they have to give refunds, so just ignore the ToS nonsense // see the StreetRoller debacle that got the ball rolling

- having missed the 18 month delay period, they will change the ToS to restrict backer rights // I saw this one coming a mile away when noone else did.

- SQ42 is coming out in 2015, 2016, 2017

- they have to give a dev schedule to appease backers // like the refund issue, this one cost me attorney fees. Ortwin blew me off. they started doing dev scheduled a year later

- CitizenCon 2016 was a "con" and The Worm wasn't real // this one was hilarious because all the time we were on Discord during the show, and I was saying it, even some Goons didn't believe me. Then later CIG copped to it being R&D. And they did a Road To CitizenCon video amid backer outrage

- 3.0 was a pipedream, didn't exist, and most certainly wasn't coming out in Dec 2016 // I loved the part where Shitizens realized that the 3.0 they were pitched isn't the one that appeared in the April 2017 dev schedule

...and that's just off the top of my head.

Not to mention all the exec and nepotism related things ranging from Chris and the Veep of marketing actually being married, to Sandi lying about her creds, shooting private movies on company property, the myriad of shell corps associated with the project etc

But don't tell Shitizens this though because the first thing they will point out is ---> "you said they would collapse in 90 days, they're still here" and "you said Star Marine wasn't in 2.6" <--- and that hilarity never gets old because it's as absurd as this whole scam.

Ultimately there isn't is a shred of doubt in MY mind that the project is FUBAR and that's going to collapse sooner rather than later. The only question is when that will be, and what form it will take. At that moment in time, the ultimate "Derek Smart Was Right" mantra is going to be that, since July 2015 Chris they had overscoped the game in Nov 2014 @ $65M, I had said the game, as pitched, could never be built.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Serendipity

« Reply #783 on: August 09, 2017, 10:30:15 AM »
Since the Big Bang, the universe is expanding. It is likely that that expansion will come to a halt, and after that the universe will shrink again until the absolute nothing and then the cycle starts all over with a big bang. I'm working on a schedule, but their might be some delays. You know, since this is a whole new uncharted terriroty that noone ever has done before and all. However, me living long enough to actually see that implosion/explosion has a higher probabilty than Chris Roberts living up to delivering his pitched game.

And that funding chart is complete bogus. If you think that they actually generate that kind of money month after month after month after month for several years in a row now, wiht almost nothing to show for, you must be stupid. Oh wait, we already knew that.

Second time you've called me stupid. I was definitely banned for less.

Now then, let's have a look at what you've said here shall we.

First off, if you think they haven't been getting that level of funding year on year would you mind explaining to me how they're keeping 5 studios open and paying the wages of over 400 people?

Second, your theoretical physics knowledge is about 20 years out of date I'm afraid. The universal expansion is speeding up, not slowing down. This means there will not be a 'big crunch' in the future.

Even if there was to be a universal contraction back to the singularity it's certainly not an implosion. The big bang wasn't an explosion. It's a contraction and an expansion. Big difference. An explosion must be exploding into something you see, that's the 'ex' part of the word. The big bang created space itself so no, not an explosion and definitely not an implosion in reverse.

Now which of us is appearing stupid do you think? If your answer is still me then you're doing that thinking thing wrong...again.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #784 on: August 09, 2017, 10:36:29 AM »
Although, to be fair, it's difficult knowing when Derek is being serious anyway what with flawed analytics, missing information, hyperbole, lies, fake sources trolling or being trolled...which stuff do I even believe anymore? It's hard keeping up.

Surprisingly, that's how that works out here in the real world where dreams come to die. Being in denial about the confirmed and on-going factual issues, doesn't change them as facts. How you choose to regard them is entirely up to you. That's why we have anti-vaxers, flat earthers, scientologists etc. You can't convince some people of things they believe in, and nothing you do, write, or say, is going to change that.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #785 on: August 09, 2017, 10:37:59 AM »

We've been through this. When a developer says they hope to do X or y, (release 3.0 in December or release LoD in 2012), and it doesn't happen, it doesn't mean they lied. Chris believes he can do what he's said he can do. 3.0 release will provide a nice chunk of evidence that he can.

:vince:

Derek has guaranteed something that turned out to just be 'hyperbole'. Chris hasn't guaranteed anything.

The sad reality is that you really believe that.  :laugh:

Motto

« Reply #786 on: August 09, 2017, 10:45:04 AM »
First off, if you think they haven't been getting that level of funding year on year would you mind explaining to me how they're keeping 5 studios open and paying the wages of over 400 people?
Now which of us is appearing stupid do you think? If your answer is still me then you're doing that thinking thing wrong...again.

Answer to Question 1: Uhm, investors that we don't now about? Bankloans? Who knows where they got the money. I think they've ran out and that's about to come out.

Answer to Question 2: I still think you are stupid and I'm not thinking wrong.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 11:12:57 AM by Motto »

Knight Solaire

« Reply #787 on: August 09, 2017, 10:45:58 AM »
Although, to be fair, it's difficult knowing when Derek is being serious anyway what with flawed analytics, missing information, hyperbole, lies, fake sources trolling or being trolled...which stuff do I even believe anymore? It's hard keeping up.

Surprisingly, that's how that works out here in the real world where dreams come to die. Being in denial about the confirmed and on-going factual issues, doesn't change them as facts. How you choose to regard them is entirely up to you. That's why we have anti-vaxers, flat earthers, scientologists etc. You can't convince some people of things they believe in, and nothing you do, write, or say, is going to change that.

Funny how Scientology came to my mind as well when reading Serendipity's comments and thinking about the cult of SC.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #788 on: August 09, 2017, 10:46:22 AM »
Not true. Nothing has zero percent chance of occuring

Are you serious? Don't let me throw a math book at you.

Does it feel bad that funding is up this year or does that mean imminent collapse now too?

Here's the thing, most of us don't care. In fact, us Goons HOPE that you guys keep putting money into an open flame, this way the Harvest Of Tears event that's coming, will be even more glorious.

ps: Please show me the metrics where it says funding is up this year

Serendipity

« Reply #789 on: August 09, 2017, 12:25:55 PM »

Answer to Question 1: Uhm, investors that we don't now about? Bankloans? Who knows where they got the money. I think they've ran out and that's about to come out.

Answer to Question 2: I still think you are stupid and I'm not thinking wrong.

Again with calling me stupid, still not banned. I hope your name calling has at least earned a warning by now, otherwise some might think this forum is showing favouritism.

It's fine if you think I'm stupid though, you're entitled to your opinion. I hope you have fun, repeatedly calling me names and displaying your ignorance of subjects you bring to the discussion. Universe imploding... :laugh:

ps: Please show me the metrics where it says funding is up this year   

Metrics? I went to the pledge watch page, took the total pledge amounts from 1/1/16 to 1/8/16 and 1/1/17 to 1/8/17 and did a thing called 'subtraction'.

Feel free to metric the holy hell outta that page, the one that isn't accurate but is when applied to your own narratives, yourself.

Think they're about 2 mil up on last year but 2 mil down on 2015. Ooohhhhh, suspicious and nefarious symmetry no doubt!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #790 on: August 09, 2017, 12:32:35 PM »
Again with calling me stupid, still not banned. I hope your name calling has at least earned a warning by now, otherwise some might think this forum is showing favouritism.

OK I'll bite.

Please tell me how different it is someone calling you stupid or a fool, to you calling someone a liar, delusional etc.

I'll wait.  :colbert:

ps: As you know, the only reason your ban was reversed, is because these same guys asked me to revert it. Or you'd be long gone - just like your first alt which got you banned for the same sort of behavior that made me ban you last week.

Metrics? I went to the pledge watch page, took the total pledge amounts from 1/1/16 to 1/8/16 and 1/1/17 to 1/8/17 and did a thing called 'subtraction'.

I am literally agape that even knowing what your statement "funding is up this year" means, you still went ahead with 8 month metrics.  :yikes:

Feel free to metric the holy hell outta that page, the one that isn't accurate but is when applied to your own narratives, yourself.

Whether it's accurate or not is not material for the purposes of comparing their CLAIMED funding amounts. Man, you're stupid.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 12:46:45 PM by dsmart »

Serendipity

« Reply #791 on: August 09, 2017, 12:44:55 PM »
Sorry, calendar year. From the first day of this year. Commonly known as...this year.

I would have said last 12 months if I'd meant that.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 12:49:43 PM by Serendipity »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #792 on: August 09, 2017, 12:47:34 PM »
Sorry, calendar year. From the first day of this year. Commonly known as...this year.

Go learn what these mean, and come back: YoY, YTD

Serendipity

« Reply #793 on: August 09, 2017, 12:51:50 PM »

Go learn what these mean, and come back: YoY, YTD

Assuming I'm non worldly enough to not already know is very patronising.

Motto

« Reply #794 on: August 09, 2017, 12:54:52 PM »
Since the Big Bang, the universe is expanding. It is likely that that expansion will come to a halt, and after that the universe will shrink again until the absolute nothing and then the cycle starts all over with a big bang. I'm working on a schedule, but their might be some delays. You know, since this is a whole new uncharted terriroty that noone ever has done before and all. However, me living long enough to actually see that implosion/explosion has a higher probabilty than Chris Roberts living up to delivering his pitched game.

Second, your theoretical physics knowledge is about 20 years out of date I'm afraid. The universal expansion is speeding up, not slowing down. This means there will not be a 'big crunch' in the future.

Even if there was to be a universal contraction back to the singularity it's certainly not an implosion. The big bang wasn't an explosion. It's a contraction and an expansion. Big difference. An explosion must be exploding into something you see, that's the 'ex' part of the word. The big bang created space itself so no, not an explosion and definitely not an implosion in reverse.

Hmmm, the Big Crunch is only one theory about the fate of the universe. There are many more. How do you know that your theory isn't wrong? Because somebody said so? That's basically your whole argument for disproving everything overhere.

Now, I said explosion/implosion based on The Big Bang being an explosion so the opposite, the universe collapsing on itself, would therefore be an implosion. Now there is a possibility that I didn't use the word explosion correctly if one would look at the Big Bang scientifically. If I did, it's probably because English isn't my native language. So, before attacking me on that one, how's your Dutch?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 04:48:28 AM by Motto »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk