Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1314877 times)

Stan

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2017, 11:00:22 PM »

Meanwhile, over there.

Hey DS, according to the thread on reddit. they are saying ATV and 10 for the chairman are dead!! is it true

and if its true then its an onset of something bad as CR has started to officially avoid showing his face and make false statements in front of camera to reduce his legal liabilities.

It is no surprise that CR has realised (or been made to realise) that it isn't a good idea to face the backers on a regular basis (even if its highly staged).   There is only so much one can say with so little progress and now  he can be wheeled out to spread bullshit damage reduction when the efforts of his minions to guild the lily come up wanting.

The less he is on, the less likely he is to put his foot in it.

If he also has people writing his spiels for him (as was apparently the case on xmas day),  then the circus can continue for a little longer.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:04:37 PM by Stan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2017, 03:07:23 PM »
Those clowns over at CIG/RSI still can't build a game for $140m; but apparently they have an alien language now

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2017, 04:15:19 PM »
English to Vanduul:

DEREK SMART WAS RIGHT. GET A REFUND

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Stan

« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2017, 08:10:41 PM »
Those clowns over at CIG/RSI still can't build a game for $140m; but apparently they have an alien language now

This is great material for comedians. 13.35 mins in

The actor really looks like he is enjoying his work too !
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 08:12:28 PM by Stan »

Narrenbart

« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2017, 08:15:47 PM »
He seems to be a good actor and good actors are getting paid well :)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2017, 05:53:12 PM »
So they released the new schedule. 2.6.1 is mid-Feb.

And the newsletter talks of 2.6.2. As for 3.0 (which was totally coming on or before Dec 19th, 2016), the newsletter says they will have more specifics as soon as they are set. Remember back when I said it didn't even exist? :supaburn:

Items removed from the 12/23/16 2.6 release

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:23:17 AM by dsmart »

Stan

« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2017, 09:01:19 PM »

And the newsletter talks of 2.6.2. As for 3.0 (which was totally coming on or before Dec 19th, 2016), the newsletter says they will have more specifics as soon as they are set. Remember back when I said it didn't even exist? :supaburn:

When I have done Project Management in the past, I could print a GANT chart with all the deliverables  on in minutes.

As you say Derek,  if it doesn't exist in the first place then this is the sort of bullshit newsletter you'd expect CR to produce.

Darklegend1

« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2017, 10:44:12 PM »

Precisely they can show a GNATT chart(yes stan this is what it spells like) and whatever delay 2.6.1 and 2.6.2 will have can be added to 3.0 timeline without hassle . but if they dont have any clue then its useless in first place.

They can give an estimation ( because this is what they can give.. :laugh:) like they have given for 2.6.1, they can say it will take them by their estimates 50 days for 2.6.2 and another 90 days for 3.0. and this way we will have an idea what we are looking for. suppose 2.6.1 gets delayed by 10 days so we can add 10 days to the timeline of 2.6.2 and 3.0.

It can be made this simple but one has to be competent to give such deadlines, people who talk fluff to sway backers wont do such professional things.. :laugh: :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2017, 08:29:47 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2017, 08:33:55 AM »
After so much arguing with Ben Parry over the fact that CryEngine/StarEngine/Lumberyard all use the concept of "levels" - and him denying it and trying to hand wave the concept, here is Sean Tracy - again - in a recent stream saying that they are in fact levels. Oh and "Megamap" isn't really "mega". So there's that.

Listen from 39:11 again because, to me, he clearly lumped StarEngine in that "level". The only difference being that their "MegaMap" concept doesn't do any pre-loading like a traditional level does. Instead, it streams in what's needed around the player. So, it is still a level - albeit a container. - But while a standard level includes everything in it and requires preloading, their MegaMap doesn't preload anything. Instead it is "demand loaded" (he calls it streaming, which is still a fancy word for loading).

You know the hilarious part? This is what I did in all my Battlecruiser/Universal Combat games. In fact, I described it in detail right here. My tech doesn't have the concept of "levels", but an empty object/blob/scene is still a level, except that there's nothing in it but placeholders which determine what gets loaded/streamed when that area is "in scope".

So they basically - again - took an old concept, gave it fancy name, while confusing the entire premise. Which is why Ben Parry swears up and down that they're not "levels" per se.

They did the same shit with 64-Bit positioning, visual stabilization etc

The point is that, time and time again, they have obfuscated various technical terms and usage in a bid to mislead and lie. this is part of the problem when you go digging, only to find out that they're not doing anything new or revolutionary. they try to give off that illusion in order to keep the scam going, while justify having blown over $140m of backer money on cookie cutter bullshit. they did the same shit over the 64-Bit positioning nonsense, until I called them out on it and people started asking questions.

They don't have ANY groundbreaking tech - at all.

And they just did the same shit by lying about the LumberYard switch - though they hadn't actually done it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 12:37:01 PM by dsmart »

Lir

« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2017, 01:53:15 PM »
After so much arguing with Ben Parry over the fact that CryEngine/StarEngine/Lumberyard all use the concept of "levels" - and him denying it and trying to hand wave the concept, here is Sean Tracy - again - in a recent stream saying that they are in fact levels. Oh and "Megamap" isn't really "mega". So there's that.

Listen from 39:11 again because, to me, he clearly lumped StarEngine in that "level". The only difference being that their "MegaMap" concept doesn't do any pre-loading like a traditional level does. Instead, it streams in what's needed around the player. So, it is still a level - albeit a container. - But while a standard level includes everything in it and requires preloading, their MegaMap doesn't preload anything. Instead it is "demand loaded" (he calls it streaming, which is still a fancy word for loading).

You know the hilarious part? This is what I did in all my Battlecruiser/Universal Combat games. In fact, I described it in detail right here. My tech doesn't have the concept of "levels", but an empty object/blob/scene is still a level, except that there's nothing in it but placeholders which determine what gets loaded/streamed when that area is "in scope".

So they basically - again - took an old concept, gave it fancy name, while confusing the entire premise. Which is why Ben Parry swears up and down that they're not "levels" per se.

They did the same shit with 64-Bit positioning, visual stabilization etc

The point is that, time and time again, they have obfuscated various technical terms and usage in a bid to mislead and lie. this is part of the problem when you go digging, only to find out that they're not doing anything new or revolutionary. they try to give off that illusion in order to keep the scam going, while justify having blown over $140m of backer money on cookie cutter bullshit. they did the same shit over the 64-Bit positioning nonsense, until I called them out on it and people started asking questions.

They don't have ANY groundbreaking tech - at all.

And they just did the same shit by lying about the LumberYard switch - though they hadn't actually done it.

I'm questionning here the Ben Parry's skills; I mean either he's got absolute shit skills hence why he works at CIG (and would that mean a significant part of the non-execs devs at CIG are unskilled(?), as we know the lead devs are noobs anyway (hey Forrest) or have quit ), or he's been kept in the dark and fed with the Cult mentality all along -sounds like it too; OR he's been part of Croberts scam head crew and know very much he's been coning people. I'm not so much for the later. I guess the first 2 options are viable though.
 What's your thoughts about?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2017, 05:01:07 PM »
I'm questionning here the Ben Parry's skills; I mean either he's got absolute shit skills hence why he works at CIG (and would that mean a significant part of the non-execs devs at CIG are unskilled(?), as we know the lead devs are noobs anyway (hey Forrest) or have quit ), or he's been kept in the dark and fed with the Cult mentality all along -sounds like it too; OR he's been part of Croberts scam head crew and know very much he's been coning people. I'm not so much for the later. I guess the first 2 options are viable though.

Neither. He's just a low level programmer peon who knows nothing about anything outside his bubble. Plus he hates that I keep engaging and running circles around him.

Stan

« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2017, 07:50:27 PM »

Neither. He's just a low level programmer peon who knows nothing about anything outside his bubble. Plus he hates that I keep engaging and running circles around him.

What does his Resume look like ?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2017, 10:41:56 AM »

What does his Resume look like ?

Ben Parry on LinkedIn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk