Author Topic: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs  (Read 330463 times)

Backer42

• Refundian
Re: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs
« Reply #450 on: February 10, 2019, 08:49:35 AM »
14.35  in this is just great.  Look at those shifty eyes and then listen to what the is saying...   
Sounds like a copy of ... you know ... Chris Roberts.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #451 on: February 10, 2019, 08:57:02 AM »
Thanks for the update. It's a hoot to see how they've dropped everything to try to make a single player something now for their investor now that time is up for their SC charade.
They switched back and forth between their two "games" multiple times, each time stalling the half of crowd, which ordered the other product. Obviously the single player audience doesn't constantly pour money into this trainwreck, because JPEGs gain you nothing in a SP campaign.

But what's actually the point of making a set-piece roller coaster based on CE3 in 2019? It's four years beyond the point where I would consider touching it, even if it were free.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #452 on: February 10, 2019, 11:38:05 PM »
They switched back and forth between their two "games" multiple times, each time stalling the half of crowd, which ordered the other product. Obviously the single player audience doesn't constantly pour money into this trainwreck, because JPEGs gain you nothing in a SP campaign.

But what's actually the point of making a set-piece roller coaster based on CE3 in 2019? It's four years beyond the point where I would consider touching it, even if it were free.

The backers are now looking at  a minimum two years with no significant improvement to gameplay in th PU, in a game that is lacking any decent gameplay loops. Server meshing has been pushed off the roadmap (they never had a chance of 1000 player battles anyway, that was a CR cocaine fever dream), question is, will the jpg whale milk now start to dry up?

They are gambling everything on being able to keep going long enough to get Squander 42 out the door and hoping it sells enough copies to keep them afloat. I doubt the management can focus long enough to achieve that, especially in what is a tough time frame as they seem to have neglected S42 up to this point. By doing this they are risking their revenue stream of PU whales, even the most delusional may start to question the whole thing if their beloved SC is put on the back burner.

Judging by past history, it is unlikely they will meet even their cut down roadmap, SC is going to stagnate, S42 will be a shitty rush job. The future is going to be LOL.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 11:40:06 PM by Judge_dolly_OG »

Aya Reiko

« Reply #453 on: February 11, 2019, 12:00:23 AM »
I was just thinking, how are they going to keep selling jpgs when it's clear they aren't going to be working on any of them any time soon?

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #454 on: February 11, 2019, 04:58:18 AM »
I was just thinking, how are they going to keep selling jpgs when it's clear they aren't going to be working on any of them any time soon?

That hasn't stopped them before...

Merchantman springs to mind.

jwh1701

« Reply #455 on: February 11, 2019, 08:12:04 AM »

It's amazing but the SC guys at reddit are still keep making posts concerning when the next ship sale is coming.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #456 on: February 12, 2019, 03:38:37 PM »

As I wrote in my last blog, that's probably why they needed the $46m to shore up their shortfall for when they deliver the bad news that focus is on SQ42. But don't listen to me though; that money is totally for marketing of SQ42 :emot-lol:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #457 on: February 28, 2019, 03:15:30 PM »
In a discussion on my Discord, I was reflecting on the three things I demanded from those clowns back in 2015.

1) Refunds for original backers who asked for one
2) A dev schedule for the project
3) The promised financial accounting

They told me to go pound sand. That was right after Ortwin told my attorneys that backers, through the website, could see how the money was being spent. Read his letter (at the link above) - it's a work of art.

Within a span of three years, they did all three anyway.

Nov 2016, the first dev schedule was released

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15603-Letter-From-The-Chairman

Dec 2017, refunds were a thing until 3.0 dropped this month

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//16348-Star-Citizen-Alpha-300

Dec 2019, we didn't have anything on finances, until they went and got dark money bailout, then released the financial brochure (not an actual audited financial statement)

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/letter-from-the-chairman/investment-news
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #458 on: February 28, 2019, 03:38:18 PM »
They didn't really disclose all the financials. I for one would love to see an actual P&L for all 14 or so companies.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #459 on: March 01, 2019, 12:20:24 AM »
They didn't really disclose all the financials. I for one would love to see an actual P&L for all 14 or so companies.
I don't know I could handle that much greasy shit.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #460 on: March 02, 2019, 09:27:03 AM »

Yeah - that's why it's called a brochure, and not a statement.

krylite

« Reply #461 on: March 03, 2019, 02:15:52 PM »

Sometimes the meister running the fraud mixes it up and switches to focus on bigger fish. How CR/CIG ever lucked on their lifeline $46 million hapless investor may not be revealed for a long time, so maybe they are desperately hoping more big time whales/leviathans are suckered. There are episodes of "American Greed" where rich victims/business owners even got conned for up to $10 million to a ponzi investment fraud run by a single or team of a few fraudsters.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 02:21:50 PM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #462 on: March 07, 2019, 07:27:43 AM »
A few months ago, around the time it was revealed that they got $46m in bailout money, Cloud Imperium Games was rebranded to Cloud Imperium.

Yesterday, we learned that they have now rebranded Foundry 42 (UK) to Cloud Imperium Games.

No clue what's going on, but the legal page, which hasn't been updated yet, shows that basically F42 is going away; and game production is going to be under the CIG umbrella going forward.

Looks like I have to update my list of shell companies again :emot-lol:

UPDATE: The resolution is now live https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08703814
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 09:47:11 AM by dsmart »

wiser3754

« Reply #463 on: March 07, 2019, 06:24:13 PM »
Is this removal of Foundry 42 going to impair Crytek/Skadden's lawsuit against Foundry 42 if any complaints against them were filed?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #464 on: March 08, 2019, 07:17:50 AM »
Is this removal of Foundry 42 going to impair Crytek/Skadden's lawsuit against Foundry 42 if any complaints against them were filed?

No. Changing the name of your company doesn't magically release you from legal suits and claims.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk