Author Topic: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs  (Read 330504 times)

Greggy_D

Re: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs
« Reply #315 on: October 20, 2018, 05:20:07 AM »
"it's a game changer"

Nah....not P2W whatsoever.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #316 on: October 20, 2018, 06:11:10 AM »

I was wondering also why anyone would buy it if ship purchasing is going in soon. 

That's only coming to Arena Commander soon, not the PU.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #317 on: October 20, 2018, 07:49:49 AM »
That's only coming to Arena Commander soon, not the PU.

I took tons of screens during scamcitizen, this one lead me people to believe it was going in 3.3.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #318 on: October 20, 2018, 07:51:49 AM »
It's already in the 3.3 dev schedule. It's AC only.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #319 on: October 20, 2018, 08:53:27 AM »
It's already in the 3.3 dev schedule. It's AC only.

Ah lol when I saw that I did not believe it.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

jwh1701

« Reply #321 on: October 20, 2018, 10:38:05 AM »
A Sat rant

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1053666019816980480.html

LOL
Those whales are a special kind of stupid.

For anyone not see the artificially created excitement and buy before you think mantra you really have to be dense. The figures on the ship sale are really just a drop in the bucket for them. I can't wait to see the uk financials get posted. I have also lost over 24 karma today on reddit but its been fun with the new jpg sale.

Motto

« Reply #322 on: October 20, 2018, 02:44:57 PM »
about 200 whales for 1400,- each makes about 250K to 300K. That's gonna last them another week. It's serious shit now, what'll they do for X-Mas? An even bigger and better ship than Kraken for 2000,-? Oh, CIG is so screwed right now. Wonder if they make it to Christmas at all.

jwh1701

« Reply #323 on: October 20, 2018, 02:55:27 PM »
about 200 whales for 1400,- each makes about 250K to 300K. That's gonna last them another week. It's serious shit now, what'll they do for X-Mas? An even bigger and better ship than Kraken for 2000,-? Oh, CIG is so screwed right now. Wonder if they make it to Christmas at all.

Guess Chris's private backers get to start chipping into development? LOL

krylite

« Reply #324 on: October 26, 2018, 05:23:59 AM »
A Sat rant

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1053666019816980480.html

Entertaining read and update, thanks. Wow, that "Battle Smurf" fan, sad. If he wanted a cylon looking ship, ED has the cobra and aspscout. With the guardian and shock weapons or multi-cannons and some shipkits & cheap color extras from the store, he could make it look similar to either the old bsg cylon raider or the latter bsg2003. Yeah, totally agreed it's one big ponzi scam, with CR-crew stashing away their getaway loot probably preparing for the fallout. I hope the fbi, and the upcoming "American Greed" episode blow it all open and dig the stash holes as some of those delusional and spite-ing backers will want (or need) some clawback probably. ED and Frontier are imo, a metaphorical quantum higher state of financial and industry professionalism different than this scam.

I really want to see what people are going to earn in terms of cr per hour as well. One max cutter build in EH is just under 900m, which if I really worked hard would take under 9 hours to accumulate. I'm betting Chris will make payment the only way to progress to large ships.

Amazing, took me over nine months for my first billion cr, and I saw you hit 10 billion cr already. It kind of makes me want to try to step up and do some more passenger or other lucrative objectives in ED before they change the bgs structure and the rest of Beyond drops. I think I only went to Robigo once out of curiosity.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 05:34:25 AM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #325 on: October 26, 2018, 05:45:41 AM »
Amazing, took me over nine months for my first billion cr, and I saw you hit 10 billion cr already. It kind of makes me want to try to step up and do some more passenger or other lucrative objectives in ED before they change the bgs structure and the rest of Beyond drops. I think I only went to Robigo once out of curiosity.

The difference is that grind in a game that works, is completely different from one that's in a massive clusterf*ck of a train-wreck.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #326 on: October 27, 2018, 09:10:02 AM »

jwh1701

« Reply #327 on: October 28, 2018, 07:28:17 AM »
My latest article is live

http://dereksmart.com/forums/reply/6723/

Great write up, all the accounting stuff that has been brought out over the years makes one wonder if they using SC for all it's worth.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 10:04:59 AM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #328 on: October 28, 2018, 08:12:26 AM »
Great write up, all the accounting stuff that has been brought out over the years makes one wonder if they using SC for all it worth.

Well both SC and SQ42 are their primary IP assets. They don't get money from anything else.

Also...

I dunno, but if I was paying an accounting firm £26K to do my books, even if they're cooking them, I'd hope that they would be correct.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #329 on: October 28, 2018, 10:13:57 AM »
For context

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk