Author Topic: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs  (Read 330352 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2017, 12:11:45 PM »
My Evocati 3.0 and Star Citizen inception anniversary article is live. Star Citizen - Five Years Ago
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:29:34 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2017, 06:29:46 AM »
I moved my article into a blog, and cleaned it up a bit. Also added new info in the "flight dynamics" Evocati section & other places.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2017, 11:29:44 AM »

nightfire

« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2017, 01:29:44 AM »
Star Citizen 3.0 Evocati Turmoil

Everytime I read one of those transcripts, I wonder: can’t these guys ever put together even a single coherent, well-defined sentence? It’s always half-concious babbling with an endless stream of „uhm“, „eh“, „you know“, off-course tangents and a hard time recalling what they actually wanted to say in the first place. If speech and writing are supposed to reflect thought, the mental processes going on in their brains must be chaotic to a degree that’s almost unbelievable.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2017, 12:36:06 AM »
I know how Robbers could save his game!

He could have an never ending pile of cash!

He could somehow declare Star Citizen cultists to be an ORG and get a credit card made. Then he could make some cash off of all the purchases his little toadies make. Think of it all these man children running around flashing their own personal Star Citizen cards spending UEC to buy Cheez Whiz and Odor Eaters. I can see it now, glorious! http://dereksmart.org/forum/Smileys/default/vince.gif

Meowz

« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2017, 08:43:17 AM »
Star Citizen 3.0 Evocati Turmoil

Everytime I read one of those transcripts, I wonder: can’t these guys ever put together even a single coherent, well-defined sentence? It’s always half-concious babbling with an endless stream of „uhm“, „eh“, „you know“, off-course tangents and a hard time recalling what they actually wanted to say in the first place. If speech and writing are supposed to reflect thought, the mental processes going on in their brains must be chaotic to a degree that’s almost unbelievable.

Most people actually talk that way. Unless you are in a formal interview setting, or giving a speech most talk in a way that does not transcribe very well at all. You see this with Trump all the time. Those are faithful word for word transcriptions, but if you listened you'd likely have little trouble understanding what they are saying. They are still morons though hense the reason CIG will likely crash and burn at some point.

What really blows my mind is they recorded and shared CR showing outward disdain towards backers and his choice picked "Testers" and the community is praising him for it? "Thank you for the beating sir, may I have another?!" Damn cucks all of em...

StanTheMan

« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2017, 04:25:36 PM »
I know how Robbers could save his game!

He could have an never ending pile of cash!

He could somehow declare Star Citizen cultists to be an ORG and get a credit card made. Then he could make some cash off of all the purchases his little toadies make. Think of it all these man children running around flashing their own personal Star Citizen cards spending UEC to buy Cheez Whiz and Odor Eaters. I can see it now, glorious! http://dereksmart.org/forum/Smileys/default/vince.gif

Yes it is the weakest of arguments. 

One of Serendickshiity's mainstays.

nightfire

« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2017, 12:53:59 AM »

He could somehow declare Star Citizen cultists to be an ORG and get a credit card made.
Honestly, I wonder why he didn't actually do such a thing. I mean, even mundane companies like Amazon and eBay offer their own vanity cards, and it would certainly appeal to the kind of people who like to show off their JPEG ships. Heck, he could not only have earned money off each transaction, but with a $1000 entry fee per card as well.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2017, 04:21:42 AM »
You see, that's what I was thinking. He has all these lemmings all falling in line. They need do nothing but spend money and they help the cause. They could even earn, now get this, in game currency for spending real world dollars. None of those silly airline miles, some nice currency to buy missiles or make ship repairs, maybe even special weapons and ships only available for card holders.

I know it's crazy, and I know it's far fetched but I would not put anything past him. The scary part is that Robbers has low paid minions who scour the web looking for any mention of the game on the web. Can you imagine him actually doing this? Truth is I think a lot of the faithful have reservations at this point he might only get several thousand idiots, the wales, the manatees, and belugas. His point of greatest influence is past but at one point he could have pulled this off. Imagine a desk at the conventions just to sign people up giving away swag just to apply.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:23:41 AM by Spunky Munkee »

Motto

« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2017, 05:49:22 AM »
There is no bank willing to be the financer for Chris Roberts / CIG as a credit card company. And the in game currency would build up to gigantic proportions before the game ever got released.

premiumnugz

« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2017, 09:36:13 AM »
There is no bank willing to be the financer for Chris Roberts / CIG as a credit card company. And the in game currency would build up to gigantic proportions before the game ever got released.

Credit card processing is not a big deal, even really shit companies can get it nowadays, hell even Paypal do it and anyone can sign up even a convicted fraudster. You could start taking card payments right now if you wanted, it's not hard.

I doubt CIG would get more loans however, they've already handed over all their assets to banks as collateral for their other loans, which may I remind people remain unpaid even though they were only supposed to be temporary loans until they received their tax rebate.  :bahgawd:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2017, 10:30:42 AM »
BREAKING! CIG dev confirms Star Citizen may NEVER be an MMO. I wrote about it

http://dereksmart.com/forums/reply/5949/

nightfire

« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2017, 11:32:31 AM »
That ship has sailed for sure now. But still, it’s interesting to imagine that around 2013 or so (?), there might have been a time window in which he still had the credibility with which he could have pulled this CIG vanity credit card thing off. Best of all: credit card TOS could have been isolated from the Star Citizen TOS, possibly allowing them to make one-time and recurring CC fees non-refundable for sure, and unaffected by the wars waging around core game issues with „pledges", „donations", „subscriptions“ etc.

Why waste time with such thoughts, you ask? Hey, we’re entitled to mindless theorycrafting about SC too, not just those Shillizens over there  :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2017, 02:55:46 PM »
Star Citizen 2016 UK financials. My quick take.

Well even if the Google Sheet was accurate, let’s assume that it is a best case scenario as well, then they have a huge issue, it shows that they have raised $21M so far this year although the cashflow forecast would need them to raise $30M, a difference of $9M. With projected cash reserves of $13M at year end, assuming that their costs were as anticipated and that they did not take in any more debt then cash reserves are probably down to $4M right now. If this trend continues, losing around $1M a month in cashflow, then they would be illiquid by Feb 2018. Again, this is purely speculation based on the forecast, they would have to start reducing team sizes and costs, if not already done so, to try and balance the cashflow. Of course, if they start getting more negative press then this would only detract further pledges from the community leading them into a cash leaking spiral.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 06:26:12 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2017, 03:52:32 PM »
I will be live on the OpenHouse this Star with Star Citizen commentary and shenanigans

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/923683560631959555

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk