Author Topic: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs  (Read 330690 times)

N0mad

Re: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs
« Reply #225 on: May 11, 2018, 12:49:13 AM »
If the blog has to be checked with Lawyers then it's going to be a major reveal and CIG aren't going to be happy.

Did I read your Tweets correctly: you have a former CIG employee as a source whose NDA has expired?

Bubba

« Reply #226 on: May 11, 2018, 07:09:12 AM »
Here's the information so far released:

You see, the thing about companies, banks and people doing due diligence is that you just never know who they're going to reach out to.

And we're all 6 degrees removed from the next person in any chain sequence.

So word gets around.

FYI: mutual NDA expired
"We're all 6 degrees removed from the next person in any chain sequence" probably means "At most, there are six degrees of separation between any two people. But in a small industry, there are much fewer, and word gets around faster."

The key is the first line: "doing due diligence". Ideally, the laws provide additional protection to consumers in business/consumer relations. The idea is that the relationship is asymmetrical: the business side is professional, and the consumer side is not, so the business can screw the consumer any number of ways, and the law tries to protect consumers. Of course, that's the whole point of things like binding arbitration causes: to tip the balance back in the favor of the businesses.

Businesses dealing with businesses, professional investors, banks and the like, are treated as equals, and therefore, before any collaboration, investment, loan or the like, are required to do "due diligence", where they evaluate the company's operational basis, identify any risks, unsafe practices, what their cashflow is like, etc.: the specifics depend on for what the diligence is done (obligatory wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Due_diligence).

To take a case: when CIG (or RSI or whatever shell company it was) applied for the Coutts loan, someone over in Coutts had to do due diligence. In a case like that, it would not be unexpected to say "Let's look at the books"; one of the major factors in determining whether to give a loan and on what terms would be how likely the company is to pay it back.
If I were to speculate, for a specialized field, they might call in an outside consultant to give their opinion. IANAL, but such a persone person would have to sign an NDA, and, while that NDA might have an expiration date, that doesn't mean that a person with access to privileged information could speak freely about that information, especially in a way that might be damaging to the business.
My best guess: he's got some "big source" that confirms what we've all known -- CIG and its 20 other manifestations are nearly out of money, and have been trying behind the scenes to keep afloat by proposing gruesome arrangements to third parties. But that's a guess, and it could be anything: for example, that Ortwin, Chris and Erin got kicked out of the Concorde Room for performing Satanic rituals and animal sacrifices while blasting the latest Kanye West album.

Motto

« Reply #227 on: May 11, 2018, 07:21:21 AM »
So, it's breaking bad?

N0mad

« Reply #228 on: May 11, 2018, 07:23:09 AM »
I was working from memory with my previous post, but yes, he makes it sound like an outside consultant who had access to the financial records. The problem with a professional (accountant, financial consultant etc) is that even after an NDA expires they wouldn't leak any info as their business will depend on keep client confidentiality.

My best guess is that a bank etc reached out to an industry expert for an opinion, someone who makes games who doesn't have any incentive to keep quiet after an NDA expires - someone who knows Derek Smart of course.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #230 on: May 15, 2018, 07:33:06 AM »
Tweet storm!

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/996382327449227269

Nice that progress is being made and hopefully you can determine that the information is legitimate.

premiumnugz

« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2018, 09:24:04 AM »
I was working from memory with my previous post, but yes, he makes it sound like an outside consultant who had access to the financial records. The problem with a professional (accountant, financial consultant etc) is that even after an NDA expires they wouldn't leak any info as their business will depend on keep client confidentiality.

My best guess is that a bank etc reached out to an industry expert for an opinion, someone who makes games who doesn't have any incentive to keep quiet after an NDA expires - someone who knows Derek Smart of course.

The thing is there's a million ways companies and banks use to vet potential clients and other companies, not all of those ways are legal but almost every financial institution I've worked with still uses them. PI's for example can easily get hold of target's bank records, despite that being illegal in almost every first world country, also divorce lawyers regularly scour opponents financial records etc.

We already know CIG banks with at least Coutts and RBS in the UK as they have loans with them, so it's not rocket science to get hold of their complete financial records, anyone with a few grand and the right investigative connections could do it. Also UK company accounts are audited and public, so the information can be easily verified.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 09:28:53 AM by premiumnugz »

Motto

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:04:05 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #233 on: May 15, 2018, 12:03:10 PM »
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/994991142851641344

Moving employees to contract status is cheaper, no benefits etc.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg. Wait.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #234 on: May 15, 2018, 12:14:17 PM »
How long? Gimme gimme gimme now Puhuleeeeeese  :emot-supaburn:

ecg

« Reply #235 on: May 15, 2018, 01:15:32 PM »
...and it seemed not so long ago #banditloaf was a favorite son. First a demotion and now it seems he is being kicked to the curb.
 Better be careful if they stop at any tollbooths on the drive east.

GaryII

« Reply #236 on: May 16, 2018, 03:25:00 AM »
But that's just the tip of the iceberg. Wait.

Those two at this point probably are not very important to the project anyway...
 So I guess that "Big project" for Ben was "Quiet Exit from CIG"... 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 03:26:42 AM by GaryII »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #237 on: May 18, 2018, 01:17:18 PM »

Motto

« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2018, 01:24:39 PM »
Not much has exchanged – except that

you might want to correct that  :wink:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2018, 05:06:47 PM »
You were reading an older Cloudflare cache version. I have since cleared the cache after I made other edits.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk