Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1135067 times)

Rogerio

• Smarties
  • Tickle me, Sandi.
Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #615 on: June 27, 2017, 12:52:35 AM »
I am not a financial wise guy, but according to what I have read on your blog, Derek, they (CIG) went to the trouble of getting a loan advance of just 5 or so million ?

Are things already that bad, financially speaking?

WOW.  :wtchris:

Narrenbart

« Reply #616 on: June 27, 2017, 03:06:41 AM »
The stuff with saving conversion rate and getting a credit is somewhat dodgy. F42 has no income so who pays for the rates in which currency?

StanTheMan

« Reply #617 on: June 27, 2017, 03:40:28 AM »
The stuff with saving conversion rate and getting a credit is somewhat dodgy. F42 has no income so who pays for the rates in which currency?

I would imagine this isnt an issue.

I can give you any currency  to help you run your UK business or even a large consignment of frozen space chickens.  At some point you are going to want to convert the currency I gave you into local currency to pay your costs of running the business (or sell the chickens!)

Alternatively if i know you are operating in the UK, I can give you Sterling and then you already have Sterling and dont need to convert it to pay your business expenses.

What we decide to do to fund your UK business would be a matter of weighing up the relative costs and benefits

StanTheMan

« Reply #618 on: June 27, 2017, 03:44:20 AM »
This one is my favorite from the Eurogamer article:

"It's one thing to deliver late, it's quite another when you've already taken people's money. It doesn't matter if the developers are well meaning or not, this one's way out of control. If a little thing like this causes a panic, it's a sign that credibility has been worn out."

Yes but where is the panic ?  Unless they mean Scrotumsin Liarmouth losing all his hair and making that statement re the loan !

ATM the Shitizens seem calm enough but this is going to take time to filter through before there is a chance for panic to set in.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:47:57 AM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #621 on: June 29, 2017, 09:29:41 AM »
As everyone loves pictures, someone has illustrated the SQ42/SC relationship using pictures to show why Coutts bank controls BOTH games

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #622 on: June 29, 2017, 02:39:15 PM »
Latest leak (from the UK) about the @CouttsandCo loan

That's hilarious. I wrote about that back in Jan 2017.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 02:50:20 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #623 on: June 29, 2017, 02:51:52 PM »
This captured from the editor in today's AtV show. See the top-right fps counter? That's in the editor. The client, sources say, is a LOT worse. Which is why 3.0 is "unplayable" atm

I wrote about that last month.

**BREAKING*** two sources have now confirmed that 3.0 is such a technological nightmare, and performance hog, that nobody knows how they are going to end up releasing it within the current time frame; let alone for GamesCom.

Croberts working on his new justification speech (aka newsletter), in which he may have no choice but to admit that the switch to LY hasn't been as straightforward (gee, who knew!?) as they made it out to be - seven months ago.

It's amazing to me that since July 2015, I've been right about so many things, that those guys don't even bother recapping them anymore. This despite the fact that I document them religiously in my blogs and forum posts - for a reason.

All that aside, the primary claim that "they can't build the game as pitched" and which everyone was saying that I was wrong about, remains true.

Ignoring the $150m (they were at $85, and have since passed this) + proper engine (they switched to the more advanced LY) that I said they would need to pull it off.

Recently (well, before GamesCom 2016), I said that they simply didn't have the tech to do procedurally generated planets, that the pitched 3.0 was bullshit dipped in Ether. Less than 6 months later, 3.0 has been significantly scaled back. And has moons - in a level - instead of procedural planets (shown in an elaborate R&D video showcase posing as in-game).

I have no doubt that they will probably release something called 3.0, then continue to update it. They did the same thing with 2.0. Right up to 2.6.x

ps: There is another JPEG sale tomorrow June 23rd. So they're probably going to lie in tomorrow's 3.0 schedule update, then update it again the following week with the proper data.

StanTheMan

« Reply #624 on: June 29, 2017, 03:04:32 PM »
CRoberts really does seem to be an absolute incompetent fool.

At $85 mil .. he could have just stopped digging, got his main tech experts around and had a pow wow to determine what was and was not feasible.

He could at the very least have gone cap in hand to the Backers with a bit of humility, told them how it was and asked them to give them a chance to deliver a new vision that the team were sure they could deliver in 3-4 years time.

Or was he too far in at that point ?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #625 on: June 29, 2017, 03:56:32 PM »
CRoberts really does seem to be an absolute incompetent fool.

At $85 mil .. he could have just stopped digging, got his main tech experts around and had a pow wow to determine what was and was not feasible.

He could at the very least have gone cap in hand to the Backers with a bit of humility, told them how it was and asked them to give them a chance to deliver a new vision that the team were sure they could deliver in 3-4 years time.

Or was he too far in at that point ?

Once he found out that he could keep getting money by making bullshit promises, he just kept going.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #626 on: July 02, 2017, 05:31:29 AM »
So I got an email yesterday, but only just saw it. source tells me that NONE of the people in this studio tour, saw ANY part of SQ42. They saw snippets of SC, basically what has already been shown on AtV.

Basically the same propaganda bullshit stunt that streams (e.g. BoredGamerUK) pull when there is some controversy swirling.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #627 on: July 02, 2017, 07:03:30 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

StanTheMan

« Reply #629 on: July 02, 2017, 02:39:04 PM »
So I got an email yesterday, but only just saw it. source tells me that NONE of the people in this studio tour, saw ANY part of SQ42. They saw snippets of SC, basically what has already been shown on AtV.

Basically the same propaganda bullshit stunt that streams (e.g. BoredGamerUK) pull when there is some controversy swirling.

Just reading the comments on that reddit shows you how far gone these Backers are, and that the people that went on the tour, and commented here,  are utterly dishonest and inept.

Anyone with a modicum of critical thinking ability can see that nothing is going on here that could possibly verify progress on SQ42
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 02:46:59 PM by StanTheMan »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk