Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1197094 times)

Andrew

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #735 on: August 04, 2017, 05:09:42 PM »

I would have to download the image and annotate it, but I don't have time. Things to look for:

More in depth than I hoped. If you ever find the time, a guide would definitely be great so people become able to spot this themselves. Educating people who are open to sceptical analysis can only do good no matter which side of the argument comes down on.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #736 on: August 04, 2017, 05:55:50 PM »
It's a whole thread of Tweets. Enjoy

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/893165038269329410

So, this is the only thread I will use for the ones I want to share before Aug 22nd. So get ready; it's truly hilarious. Trust me

They are going to show a sample mission from SQ42. Except that it's created specifically for GamesCom. Like "The Worm"

It features an Idris ship which, for some reason, they can't get to work properly. Aside from on-going texture filtering issues in engine

So their brilliant idea is to, get this, render the cut-scene in Maya, instead of in CryEngine. I shit you not.

There is apparently one sample scenario, which has 3-4 cut scenes, and 3-4 small missions.

The missions feature ships like the Avenger, Cutlass and maybe a Mustang.

Mission types are same boring combat you've come to know and love in Star Citizen. Except they're getting ready to fake it till they make it

The fake it till they make it part is where the pre-scripted stuff comes in. Remember "The Worm" from CitizenCon? Sure you do.

Apparently this all takes place around Crusader, which they're going to re-texture to make it look like it's another part of the galaxy

Which is going to be hilarious, considering that an Idris is supposed to be parked above Port Olisar.

That's all SQ42 scoop for now. As always, take this with a HUGE bag of salt cuz I get sent nonsense all the time to share with backers

Seriously, the stuff coming out of this project is so hilarious & scary, that I dare not even share the ones coming from trusted sources

Oh, in case you were wondering, 3.0 is still an absolute mess that needs another 4-6 months to be considering ready for non-dev release

And in the most hilarious news to date, the "new" netcode, is now a 2018 merge, and nobody knows if it will be in 3.x or 4.x

Which, if you know anything about the netcode in Star Citizen, then you already know what to expect if/when they drop 3.0 in Aug/Sept

But don't mind me though. I encourage all believers to continue donating. Let's keep the farce alive a bit longer. We need the lols

BONUS 1/2: "3.0 currently is magnitudes worse than 2.0 was back in Summer 2015 but we released it anyway. that's the current plan"

BONUS 2/2: "LumberYard switch is the most disastrous decision to date. has all but sealed the project's fate as a disaster"

Well, it looks like "Steve" got burned.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/6roc1t/a_user_on_gamestar_reveals_that_derek_does_not/

Well, it was a fun ride that one. Winding up Shitizens never gets old.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/893635938726891520

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/893168954985910272

"Derek does not vet his sources" <----  :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 05:58:09 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #737 on: August 04, 2017, 06:00:49 PM »
So, this one...

Now, since you tweeted this:

That's all SQ42 scoop for now. As always, take this with a HUGE bag of salt cuz I get sent nonsense all the time to share with backers

I'm guessing it's safe to say you didn't trust this source but used his info just to have some fun with the fanboys. And that the actual facts regarding Games Com are waiting until August 22.

But, one could and will argue that you used the above quote just to cover your ass in case they pulled one on you. So, is there any proof that you actually had him and that he is "forgetting" to mention that in his parade postings?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 06:11:48 PM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #738 on: August 04, 2017, 06:09:19 PM »
So, this one...

Yup.

Well, he started feeding me bullshit weeks ago. The minute he revealed his name to be "Steve", which Shitizens tend to associate with me because I narrated an NPC pilot named Steve in one of my games, I knew I had caught a live one.

And I would have milked him dry too, except for the fact that they have no fucking clue what a "long troll" is. So they caved in. I was hoping that we'd keep it going until at least GamesCom.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/893638087263342592

I'm guessing it's safe to say you didn't trust this source but used his info just to have some fun with the fanboys. And that the actual facts regarding Games Com are waiting until August 22.

Hence the first Tweet in this:

But, one could and will argue that you used the above quote just to cover your ass in case they pulled one on you. So, is there any proof that you actually had him and that he is "forgetting" to mention that in his parade postings?

I get crap sent to me all this time. It's nothing new. So does TheAgent (a Goon on SA). Usually we just blurt it out regardless.

Unlike TheAgent, my real sources are all "known" people. I know a LOT of industry people, and even those I don't know, I verified via LinkedIn (the best place) and/or Facebook messaging. My most reliable source is a guy named Ray Roocroft.

ps: I think our posts crossed. The "proof" was his saying his name was "Steve".

I was basically ignoring him because after I checked with my "real" sources, I figured that it was in fact bullshit, even though the "Steve" was a dead giveaway. Those guys aren't very bright, you see.

Since I have always seen them refer to me as Steve and Lucas, after 3 emails from him - especially since I was ignoring him and he kept prodding me - I decided to engage.

So after I read the emails (only after he sent me the 4th one asking if I had received the previous ones, since I wasn't responding), that's when the "Steve" thing hit me. I asked him directly. There is no "Steve" short name in German.

And we were off to the  races.

Then I decided to use his FUD to increase the anxiety level of Shitizens. I knew it had to be one of them because they do this shit all the time, as TheAgent knows very well.

It was this email from Aug 2nd, that prompted me to tweet his FUD on Aug 3rd to see how long before he would "out" himself

Egosoft (devs of the X series) isn't hiring. And they're certainly not hiring a "backend" engineer.

That worked, and it smoked him out because on Aug 4th he outed himself

Shortly after sharing his opus on Discord, I then sent him a final email before my Tweet

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/893635938726891520

Meanwhile over there, the Tribe of Utterly Retarded  Dumbfucks (TURDs) who had NO clue wtf was even going on, were already self-owning themselves - hard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/6roc1t/a_user_on_gamestar_reveals_that_derek_does_not/

They're a bunch of dumb fucks. So it's no surprise they're so engaged and involved in Star Citizen.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:17:32 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #739 on: August 04, 2017, 06:25:53 PM »
Yeah, I was still editing  :D

And here the first one is already:

fivedayweekend: This is gold. But also remember that DS already gave himself an out, saying the source was untrusted.

So, sorry Derek, but it's obvious he had you and you just were covering your ass. Because, you know, reasons. Now don't be so gullible next time you hear, before you might actually hurt this project  :cop:

We don't want the fanboys to lose anymore faith before Games Com, now do we?  :dance:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #740 on: August 04, 2017, 06:37:01 PM »
Yeah, I was still editing  :D

And here the first one is already:

fivedayweekend: This is gold. But also remember that DS already gave himself an out, saying the source was untrusted.

So, sorry Derek, but it's obvious he had you and you just were covering your ass. Because, you know, reasons. Now don't be so gullible next time you hear, before you might actually hurt this project  :cop:

We don't want the fanboys to lose anymore faith before Games Com, now do we?  :dance:

Like I said, those guys aren't very bright. This is nothing. You should see some of the crap I get sent. I don't think he's checked his email yet tonight, because after his last one, I said to him "Let me know when you're done sending me bullshit, Steve"  :laugh:

Motto

« Reply #741 on: August 04, 2017, 06:44:13 PM »
I think the Shitizens are actually hurting themselves with their actions too. Because at CIG they probably know it's all fake (unless they made something up that actually is true, boy would they be shitting themselves  :D) but it is still out there. You tweeted it, the Shitizens are having a field day disproving it all et cetera, but for some, it might actually stick somewhere in the back of their heads and they start wondering if... Especially if the stuffs seems realistic enough.

On the other hand, one could argue that you're putting so much stuff out there, false or true, that they're dismissing your intel as well. Maybe taking it down a notch isn't such a bad thing, although I would miss the lols. But, keeping a low(er) profile and then hitting them hard on August the 22nd might be a good idea. Dunno, just thinking...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #742 on: August 04, 2017, 06:52:58 PM »
On the other hand, one could argue that you're putting so much stuff out there, false or true, that they're dismissing your intel as well. Maybe taking it down a notch isn't such a bad thing, although I would miss the lols. But, keeping a low(er) profile and then hitting them hard on August the 22nd might be a good idea. Dunno, just thinking...

Yes, that's how FUD works. Also, notice that NONE of this appeared in my "scoop" articles. This is the reason. I knew it was all bullshit. He sent me like 11 or more emails with  a ton of crap which would have made for a nice article if I felt it had anything credible to it. I just shared some of them with Goons on our secure Discord channel. I felt that he badly wanted me to mention those things. Here is one of his other gems where, after I hadn't posted any of the crap, he wanted to make it clear that it was OK.  :smuggo:

Darklegend1

« Reply #743 on: August 05, 2017, 03:44:09 AM »
I am waiting for "gamescon" :laugh: and then for "citizen-con"(how aptly spelled) and to see how low will cig go this time . it will be fun to watch!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Motto

« Reply #744 on: August 05, 2017, 03:58:31 AM »
Especially if Derek hits the spot with his scoops about Games Com. It will put more stress on Chris actually trying to change those things, if possible at all, to disprove Derek.

But Chris is fucked anyway. The 3.0 build is no where to be seen. It's a disaster. Now they can't delay the release of 3.0 forever. There comes a point that they have to release it in order not to lose credibility (not much left anyway). And then they have no choice but to put a crappy build into the wild. And with that, they've sealed their own fate. Because if that is all you have to show for with months and months of delays and justifying those delays by stating you need more time to fix the game, Chris will look the moron he is.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 07:20:28 AM by Motto »

N0mad

« Reply #745 on: August 05, 2017, 04:33:25 AM »
I'd find it amusing if the fake source was right about a SQ42 demo at GamesCom - although I'm sure it'll be rendered in the CryEngine. The very fact that they were trying to spread disinformation that turned out to be partially correct would be hilarious.

I still think they can't be stupid enough to do another 3.0 demo, perhaps a 3.1 demo then with scripted profession sequences (and giant sand worms)?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #746 on: August 05, 2017, 04:37:43 AM »
I'd find it amusing if the fake source was right about a SQ42 demo at GamesCom - although I'm sure it'll be rendered in the CryEngine. The very fact that they were trying to spread disinformation that turned out to be partially correct would be hilarious.

I still think they can't be stupid enough to do another 3.0 demo, perhaps a 3.1 demo then with scripted profession sequences (and giant sand worms)?

Nah, it's all nonsense what that fool was sending. All of it. All he did was manufacture more FUD which just increased the Shitizen anxiety levels. I didn't have to do anything except post it.

I have no reason to believe that CIG are that dumb enough to do that 2016 shit again. But seeing as they are aware that their average backer is as dumb as a sack of bricks, they probably would pull another 2016 again. I mean, they've done that over and over.

As I have stated before, they will probably play 3.0, make some noise about 3.1 and beyond - and maybe, just maybe, show some cutscene from SQ42 or something. They don't really have anything else at this point.

Andrew

« Reply #747 on: August 05, 2017, 07:46:30 AM »
and maybe, just maybe, show some cutscene from SQ42 or something. They don't really have anything else at this point.

If they don't show anything that looks like gameplay from SQ42 I think people will ask some hard questions. It may just be in a trailer or some other video but they have to show something that suggests there is a game behind the scenes. If there is no gameplay that means SQ42 is most likely a year away. Because no way can they polish it and release it in less time and have nothing to put in a gameplay-trailer. And the idea that they have something but decide not to show it seems far fetched.

N0mad

« Reply #748 on: August 05, 2017, 08:23:47 AM »
CIG seem to be great at making art assets (including ships), not so great at building the code needed to make a game to use them.

I'd imagine that they have enough artists and animators to put together all sorts of scripted "in-game" sequences. All they have to do is piece it all together then they can pass it off as whatever they like, be that Squadron 42 or version 3.1.

Motto

« Reply #749 on: August 05, 2017, 08:34:11 AM »
This one figured it out. The rest, not so much. Yet  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk