Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1314862 times)

Backer42

• Refundian
Re: Star Citizen - General
« Reply #2085 on: June 02, 2018, 07:11:11 PM »
It really is crazy to see capes being added but the truth is in reddit people just keep talking about how great the game is. Many base this solely on pretty screenshots and not a word about immersive gameplay. With no major progress being made they stay completely happy with taking screenshots. I watched a lives stream the previous night and it was about getting stuck to the outside windshield bug and then you fly around in that position.
Many of these people don't play video games and don't know how to play video games. They share that with Chris Roberts, who has no clue about that topic either. Some of those people launder money through CIG and keep posting bullshit to feed their pump & dump scheme. Some are looking for bragging rights by trying to "own" as much JPEGs as possible. Some are looking for a "second life" community, because they have no friends in the real world.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #2086 on: June 02, 2018, 11:53:30 PM »
Hmmm the whole realistic clothing PR stick reminds me of the canned World of Darkness MMO. Can't remember the Devs showing off anything else really, but how great coats would look...
Guess talk of realistic clothing and especially capes/coats will become a warning sign for me, at least if the Devs make these things out to be huge deals.

N0mad

« Reply #2087 on: June 03, 2018, 02:08:24 AM »
The trouble with all the capes / clothes / clothing stores / weapon stores / AI with daily routines / character customisation etc is that none of it adds any real gameplay. Sure it's good immersion to be able to walk into a store to buy a weapon, but the same function could be handled with a simple terminal. The clothing in particular adds NOTHING to the game, but represents (hundreds of) thousands of coder and artist man-hours to implement. The complex AI probably just adds to server lag. But I suppose that just sums up Star Citizen, it's a high fidelity art project & tech demo first rather than a playable game.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2088 on: June 03, 2018, 03:57:22 AM »
The trouble with all the capes / clothes / clothing stores / weapon stores / AI with daily routines / character customisation etc is that none of it adds any real gameplay. Sure it's good immersion to be able to walk into a store to buy a weapon, but the same function could be handled with a simple terminal. The clothing in particular adds NOTHING to the game, but represents (hundreds of) thousands of coder and artist man-hours to implement. The complex AI probably just adds to server lag. But I suppose that just sums up Star Citizen, it's a high fidelity art project & tech demo first rather than a playable game.

It's all a smokescreen that's used to give off the impression that they're building games.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2089 on: June 04, 2018, 07:36:59 AM »
You have to watch this. It's linked in my latest missive

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #2090 on: June 04, 2018, 10:01:31 AM »
Oh boy... there goes Reddit.. Comparing the current roadmap to CitizenCon 2016

So I asked to get unbanned. Got a dumb response. Replied that it was dumb and they should just lift the ban. Now I have been muted for 72 hours before I can contact the mod again. Why don't those people like me? Like it's my fault that Derek was right?

jwh1701

« Reply #2091 on: June 04, 2018, 10:42:03 AM »
Oh boy... there goes Reddit.. Comparing the current roadmap to CitizenCon 2016

So I asked to get unbanned. Got a dumb response. Replied that it was dumb and they should just lift the ban. Now I have been muted for 72 hours before I can contact the mod again. Why don't those people like me? Like it's my fault that Derek was right?

Don't worry about getting banned its a lot of fun to see how fast I can get banned, I'm on my third account.  I do not look at my messages but you can tell how well you doing by how fast the message counter goes up. I managed to go up by 11 in the last week so I must be improving.

Motto

« Reply #2092 on: June 04, 2018, 10:56:36 AM »
I hate being banned. Now I can't go into discussion saying that Derek was right when it all played out and he really was right. I really, really, really want to rub it in in that incestious group of utter morons.

jwh1701

« Reply #2093 on: June 04, 2018, 11:18:45 AM »
I hate being banned. Now I can't go into discussion saying that Derek was right when it all played out and he really was right. I really, really, really want to rub it in in that incestious group of utter morons.

I completely understand that desire but unfortunately my main is never coming back so I just decided to have fun. But maybe you can try and create an account that keeps you original with a few letters added.

mottothevictor
mottothejustified
mototthethejust
mottotherighteous
mottotheimpeccable
mottorightasrain
I have never tried to add and dash or underscore so not sure if you can do that for a reddit name.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2094 on: June 04, 2018, 11:22:44 AM »

Everyone has an alt waiting for that glorious day. Get one, seed it, sit on it. Or just buy one for like 5 bucks :emot-lol:

Motto

« Reply #2095 on: June 04, 2018, 12:26:48 PM »
Yeah, I know. But with alts, I'm missing the glorious fact that all my original posts were true. That user/mjotto was the chosen one. Bow to me peasants, for I and only I have followed the true leader. We are the New Kings (yes, I am a Marillion fan)

N0mad

« Reply #2096 on: June 04, 2018, 12:28:42 PM »
I'm guessing that new ship sale Derek was talking about is on its way:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8ojxso/its_coming_20180614/

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2097 on: June 04, 2018, 12:44:53 PM »

Yup. Totally called it.

New ship sale coming 06/10. Seriously, fuck these guys. Fuck them.

FF 05:45

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 12:49:17 PM by dsmart »

StanTheMan

« Reply #2098 on: June 04, 2018, 01:45:17 PM »

The Vulture 

roflmao

The Felcher is still in the pipeline.

jwh1701

« Reply #2099 on: June 04, 2018, 01:51:45 PM »
Yup. Totally called it.

New ship sale coming 06/10. Seriously, fuck these guys. Fuck them.

FF 05:45

LOL sounds like a subconscious slip up that politicians often make: "I'm just a fraud"
I was shocked when he said that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk