Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1077411 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1005 on: May 23, 2018, 03:25:48 PM »
What's hilarious to me is that, even though RSI Inc ceased ops in CA back in March...

- they haven't changed the TOS, EULA or PRIVACY statements to reflect this.

Then in this response to the BBS regarding a recent refund request, they are claiming that the complaint was made against the wrong entity.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Winston Smith

« Reply #1006 on: May 24, 2018, 04:07:16 AM »
What's hilarious to me is that, even though RSI Inc ceased ops in CA back in March...

Today’s clue is copyright (1)(2)(3)

StanTheMan

« Reply #1007 on: May 24, 2018, 04:44:59 AM »

Then in this response to the BBS regarding a recent refund request, they are claiming that the complaint was made against the wrong entity.

They love this dont they  ?

from the BBS reply

Quite a lot of the promised gameplay is now available and we keep releasing additions now every quarter.

However, we acknowledge that delivery of some game elements has been delayed.

This is a direct result of the community's declared desire to have the initial release version of the game developed to a much greater depth, detail, and fidelity than contemplated originally upon start of the campaign.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 05:03:43 AM by StanTheMan »

Motto

« Reply #1008 on: May 24, 2018, 05:06:09 AM »
Today’s clue is copyright (1)(2)(3)

No clue's please  :police: just spill the beans already  :azn:

StanTheMan

« Reply #1009 on: May 24, 2018, 05:08:04 AM »
For how long still?:)

The thing is .. for a current Backer,  as this all crumbles around you,  what options do you have ?

Backers are going to find it far easier to continue filtering the news to suit their position.

As long as there are straws to grasp at , then grasp at them they will.

Perhaps church attendance may rise amoungst them ... :grin:

Winston Smith

« Reply #1010 on: May 24, 2018, 11:35:26 AM »
No clue's please  :police: just spill the beans already  :azn:

If we click on the second link and scroll down, we can see the copyright notice at the bottom of the RSI site reads © 2012-2018 Cloud Imperium Rights LLC & Cloud Imperium Games UK Ltd. This change was done deliberately. And what’s interesting about Cloud Imperium Rights LLC is they put out a press release March 31st (link) 'Roberts Space Industries and Cloud Imperium Games launch Star Citizen Alpha 3.1'.  Sandra Roberts a.k.a. Sandi Gardiner is apparently a co-founder and Cloud Imperium Rights LLC is the new caretaker of trademarks. Next we have Cloud Imperium Games UK Ltd. People on this forum probably remember the oddity in the latest US version of the TOS, I quote: “Governing Law. These TOS shall be governed and construed by the laws of England and Wales.” It’s a ridiculous idea.

Motto

« Reply #1011 on: May 24, 2018, 11:56:18 AM »
Yeah, so? They are trying to shift stuff but without proper information as to why they are trying to do that and why that probably won't work, it's still guessing. And I'm done guessing. I like it when people say that the thing with a LLC is that this and that that (so it's obvious why they would do the switch) et cetera. I'm getting tired of this drama. Just let it frikkin' end already. I want the bankruptcy, I want the collapse and most of all I want to see those fuckretards on Reddit to twist and turn and to look utterly stupid because Derek was right. I want Joe Blobers to start deleting all of his comments everywhere. I want to lookup every thread where he responded and call him out. And then I want to see all the financial details, the arrest of Chris, the mugshot of Sandi - finally a truthful look on her photo - and then the launch of Star Citizen - The Novel. By D. Smart.

Somebody, anybody, please, tell me what is about to happen. For fuck's sake, talk to me! Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

N0mad

« Reply #1012 on: May 24, 2018, 12:20:58 PM »
I have to agree with Motto here.

Derek has been teasing about significant things happening for ages. It gets hard to credit him for predicting the news if he doesn't give us some clues. For instance I could tell everyone that I know Trump is about to tweet something hilariously stupid - but since that happens almost daily then my prediction is pretty worthless unless I make a prediction with some detail.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1013 on: May 24, 2018, 12:45:55 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1014 on: May 24, 2018, 01:21:00 PM »
If we click on the second link and scroll down, we can see the copyright notice at the bottom of the RSI site reads © 2012-2018 Cloud Imperium Rights LLC & Cloud Imperium Games UK Ltd. This change was done deliberately. And what’s interesting about Cloud Imperium Rights LLC is they put out a press release March 31st (link) 'Roberts Space Industries and Cloud Imperium Games launch Star Citizen Alpha 3.1'.  Sandra Roberts a.k.a. Sandi Gardiner is apparently a co-founder and Cloud Imperium Rights LLC is the new caretaker of trademarks. Next we have Cloud Imperium Games UK Ltd. People on this forum probably remember the oddity in the latest US version of the TOS, I quote: “Governing Law. These TOS shall be governed and construed by the laws of England and Wales.” It’s a ridiculous idea.

Yeah, it's all bs. And it's not going to save them from what's coming. They're just preparing now.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1015 on: May 24, 2018, 01:29:10 PM »
Yeah, so? They are trying to shift stuff but without proper information as to why they are trying to do that and why that probably won't work, it's still guessing. And I'm done guessing. I like it when people say that the thing with a LLC is that this and that that (so it's obvious why they would do the switch) et cetera. I'm getting tired of this drama. Just let it frikkin' end already. I want the bankruptcy, I want the collapse and most of all I want to see those fuckretards on Reddit to twist and turn and to look utterly stupid because Derek was right. I want Joe Blobers to start deleting all of his comments everywhere. I want to lookup every thread where he responded and call him out. And then I want to see all the financial details, the arrest of Chris, the mugshot of Sandi - finally a truthful look on her photo - and then the launch of Star Citizen - The Novel. By D. Smart.

Somebody, anybody, please, tell me what is about to happen. For fuck's sake, talk to me! Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Be patient my man, it's coming sooner than you think. Just wait. Two Weeks.  :stoke:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1016 on: May 24, 2018, 01:33:35 PM »
I have to agree with Motto here.

Derek has been teasing about significant things happening for ages. It gets hard to credit him for predicting the news if he doesn't give us some clues. For instance I could tell everyone that I know Trump is about to tweet something hilariously stupid - but since that happens almost daily then my prediction is pretty worthless unless I make a prediction with some detail.

And all the significant ones (e.g. the Crytek lawsuit) came and went. While not significant, the ToS changes, the Summer 2016 loans (who saw that coming?), the 3.0 fiasco (LOL!! a whole fucking year after it was ready to come out in 3 months), SQ42 not existing, #nomorerefunds etc, are all things I said were coming and which nobody envisioned. Then they did. And now that they came and went, it's almost as if people are dying for the next clusterfuck because they want bigger and better due to these previous things being so inconsequential now that they have happened. Heck, even though I said the engine was fucked, even as I was being attacked for being clueless, that CIG has all the money in the world to hire the best and brightest minds and who were better than me - the project turned out to be a clusterfuck that we're seeing in real time - 6 yrs in. Need I mention the Lumberyard switch fiasco? Or Star Marine?

Yes, I have a running list, and last I checked, it was over 26 things I was right about. It's all in my book manuscript.

Here's the thing, I am absolutely, positively NOT going to put myself in a needless legal situation (it doesn't matter who wins, lawsuits are a fucking pain), nor breach the trust of sources, just to "prove" anything or to be "right". It's not who I am, and I'm not in this for the thrills. I'm in this because they started a war they couldn't win, with the one person who doesn't give a shit.

So I think it's best that you just ignore me. It's less stressful.  :huh:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 01:38:14 PM by dsmart »

jwh1701

« Reply #1017 on: May 24, 2018, 01:52:23 PM »
The waiting is difficult for sure but I believe Derek would not claim significant news without backing it up. Another forum is already have a field day because of impatience concerning the news which is sad. If I was in Derek's position with so many detractors I would certainly not saying something I could not back up. Each day they are online is just another day to fine tune my trolling on reddit. I gave up trying to even remotely try to help them and it's decidedly a lot more relaxing to just have fun while waiting.

Motto

« Reply #1018 on: May 24, 2018, 01:57:22 PM »
WE know you were right. Better, we know you ARE right. But it's the keeping us in the dark that's killing. We need more detail. Like, is the money gone and are they forced to file for bankruptcy? Or a Chapter 11 first with the closing of all offices exept one or two for skeleton purposes? It is the mother of all lawsuits? It is the US of A government? Is it Australian backtaxes there being hunted for? Does Coutts not only want their money back but also sueing them for damages because lies! Are former employees not paid and thus sueing them? Is it all the above? And then some?

There are so much possibilities and we are clueless. We need guidance, Oh Dark Lord. Save us from gossip and speculation and lead us into Space, allmighty Puppetmaster of Goons.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 03:09:54 PM by Motto »

StanTheMan

« Reply #1019 on: May 24, 2018, 02:03:45 PM »
Well, That Was A Heart Breaking Moment

I have a gaming tower and a gaming laptop for travel/work. My tower is an amd 9590 at 4.7ghz with 32gb RAM, and sli 1080 x 2, and an SSD. It averages 10-17 fps in star citizen, no matter what I do.

My laptop is an intel i7 at 2.8ghz with SSD, 32gb RAM, and a 1070. It averages 25-32fps or more.

EDIT: The tower has a 32gb page file, the laptop's is 5gb

These numbers don't change between 1080 and 4K. My point is, SC isn't optimized at all yet, and really hates some rigs even if they are numerically superior. Don't stress about it.

:cheesy:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk