Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1120352 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1320 on: October 15, 2018, 10:18:41 AM »
Is he serious?

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9o9g8a/the_hate_towards_this_game_makes_no_sense_to_me/e7skv3i/

Let's see...

I just find it amazing that every time CIG demonstrates a successful technical hurdle overcome which was previously decried as 'not possible/lies' etc. that the screams of rage and insults have a massive upswing. Think about it -

That's actually nonsense. In fact, it's a blatant lie. Nobody has singled out any single aspect of the project, and said it won't work. Most of us have COLLECTIVELY stated that the project promised will NEVER happen. There IS a difference in those statements.

1) First person working inside operational spaceships in 3D level - impossible they said

Nobody said it was impossible, because it's actually been done before. Star Wars Galaxies, Angels Fall First, Line Of Defense etc

2) Solar sized levels with no limits/64 bit - can't be done

Nobody said it was impossible, because it's actually been done before. Elite Dangerous, Battlecruiser/Universal Combat, Universe etc

NOTE: Star Citizen does NOT have "solar sized levels". So I have no fucking clue wtf he's talking about there

3) Nested level grids (person, inside vehicle, inside ship, on moon, next to planet) with seamless transition - Lies

See #1

4) Get the performance to the level of a single player game - never happen

:emot-lol: I guess 30 fps is the standard for single player games now then?
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1321 on: October 15, 2018, 11:30:04 AM »

:emot-lol: I guess 30 fps is the standard for single player games now then?

Well you know it was  five years ago on a 4k monitor with the best consumer graphics card available !

DemonInvestor

« Reply #1322 on: October 15, 2018, 01:41:01 PM »
Is he serious?

[...]

Might be... quite a few guys i've discussed with seemingly don't really follow space sims. It often feels as if they only knew Wing Commander and totally missed that there've been imo quite innovative games like the X-series (crossing fingers for a great x4), EveOnline, SpaceEngineers and whatnot.

jwh1701

« Reply #1323 on: October 15, 2018, 08:47:52 PM »
I think this really shines the light on Derek's earlier post about being morons. They things they are claiming in here are totally lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9odf0p/i_hope_somebody_out_there_is_archiving_all_the/

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1324 on: October 16, 2018, 03:27:16 AM »
I think this really shines the light on Derek's earlier post about being morons. They things they are claiming in here are totally lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9odf0p/i_hope_somebody_out_there_is_archiving_all_the/

I like how, with ALL the people on the Internet now saying the same things as me, I still live in their hearts and minds - rent free. I guess that makes me the leader of The Dissenters? :emot-lol:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1325 on: October 16, 2018, 05:44:30 AM »
do anything you want, just don't leave Olisar

"The framerates are very variable, so long as you got 47fps in Olisar you are in the right area for performance."

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9ol1pd/i_seem_to_be_stuck_at_30fps_for_absolutely_no/

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1326 on: October 16, 2018, 05:54:02 PM »
Report from the front lines!

Well, I had a fly round in 3.3 for the second time yesterday, and here's the summary of my adventures:

1. Woke up in Port Olisar.
2. Ran down to summon my Aurora.
3. Ran to summoned ship, took off, flew round Port Olisar a bit.
4. Took a delivery mission. "Lost cargo"- grab a box from a downed Freelancer on Daymar and deliver it from evil unto Levski.
5. First bit of fun - trying to set a route to Daymar. For some reason, the quantum travel just wouldn't work - until after a couple of minutes it suddenly did.
6. Quantum travel to Daymar - weird sparks coming off my Aurora, is this a new animation for QT?
7. Exited QT at Daymar - 380 km to the pick up spot on the moon's surface. Surface pick up missions might be new, I'm not sure I've had one before.
8. After several minutes of afterburners, approached pick up site. Noticed a ship hovering in the vicinity, and some Citizens running around near the Freelancer.
9. Landed (I say landed - swooped down to where I thought the ground would be, approximately, and then quickly powered off).
10. Grabby hands grabbed the box, and back to the Aurora.
11. Placed the box INSIDE the Aurora. At last!
12. Looked at Citizens running around and rubber-banding all over the shop, blinking in and out of existence. Maybe some form of special teleporting armour.
13. Took off and tried to get a bead on Levski. This proved to be extremely trying - there's something very odd about the way the route setting works in this game. Took me at least ten minutes to figure out how to get there, and I'm still not sure I understand it. Something to do with orbital markers, maybe?
14. Side note - I absolutely hate the fact you can't turn off the HUD when in the star map. And don't get me started on the star map itself - it's almost un-navigable in its present state, you have to zoom in and out all over the place to find the destination you want.
15. Arrived at Levski - all landing hangars full. Flew around a bit spamming comms until I got a hangar.
16. Landed in hangar.
17. Ran to lift - pressed button but no indication that lift was activated. Would I be able to get the package to the delivery area? The suspense! Lift arrives.
18. Took package to delivery area - delivery guy won't talk to me, so I place the box on the delivery area on the counter and run off. No indication that the mission has succeeded, but I check the missions tab and it seems to have been cleared out of my "Accepted" list and is now in "History" so yay, go me - first successful delivery made in Star Citizen.
19. Do a little victory lap round Levski. I've been trying to do a delivery mission for ever.
20. Go to retrieve my ship - can't because all the hangars are busy and I'm "in a queue" (position 0 apparently).
21. I get bored waiting and run around, following citizens around in an intrusive and slightly sinister way.
22. Someone salutes me. I don't return the salute because I don't know how. I jump up and down instead, seems to do the trick.
23. Lots of rubber banding and blinking in and out of existence from the maybe 20 citizens present. Seems like everyone's checking for take-off clearance.
24. Keep checking back on the ship terminal, but I'm still "in a queue" (position 0), so after five or so minutes of running around...
25. ...I quit.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 05:07:04 AM by dsmart »

jwh1701

« Reply #1328 on: October 17, 2018, 09:07:05 AM »
FOIP!!

He was very entertaining to watch he just needed to invite someone on his ship for some fava beans and a nice chianti.
Cannot believe he kept dying over and over lol.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 09:19:02 AM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1329 on: October 17, 2018, 04:24:31 PM »
He was very entertaining to watch he just needed to invite someone on his ship for some fava beans and a nice chianti.
Cannot believe he kept dying over and over lol.

Yeah, that was brilliant! His accent and commentary nailed it.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1330 on: October 17, 2018, 04:25:01 PM »

jwh1701

« Reply #1331 on: October 17, 2018, 06:21:31 PM »
My gawd these chuckleheads are dumb  :emot-ughh:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9p2aly/anyone_else_think_x4_foundations_drew_very_heavy/

I see your one facepalm and I will double it, guess he believes Chris invented the genre.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 06:23:39 PM by jwh1701 »

N0mad

« Reply #1332 on: October 18, 2018, 02:56:46 AM »
My gawd these chuckleheads are dumb  :emot-ughh:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9p2aly/anyone_else_think_x4_foundations_drew_very_heavy/

The sad thing is: you simply can't argue against anyone with that level of stupidity. They are trapped so deeply in both the Dunning-Kruger effect and the Sunk Cost Fallacy that they can't be reasoned with.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1333 on: October 18, 2018, 03:21:52 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1334 on: October 18, 2018, 10:30:25 AM »
:emot-lol:

Frontline report from the PTU last night because gently caress it, in for a penny in for a pound:

* They "Fixed" the star map. Which is to say, it's still jank and lovely, but it is now less of an in-game hologram effect and more of a 3D map display. Higher contrast, color, seems more readable, but still lacks basic functionality like the ability to navigate when out of your ship, set your own custom waypoints, zoom to points of interest properly, etc. Naturally the minor visual change was met with overwhelming praise. CIG you've done it again!

* They "Fixed" the chat client in the sense that now you will only see 1 copy of the group chat when you pull up your wrist menu. Half the time, you still cannot write to it, and it no longer shows up on your HUD at all, so it is effectively useless. Also for some reason you can right click and opt to leave it, but this crashes the game immediately.

* I'm told they "Fixed" the doors and elevators on the brand new 700 dollar chariot not working, and the fact that its' thrusters were so weak it couldn't take off from the landing pad or planets. Good work, CIG! Glad QA managed to catch that one.

* An entirely new bug has been introduced. Sometimes when entering or exiting or just standing near a ship you will start taking limb damage. The poo poo about invisible ships is Citizen magic thinking, as far as I can tell. It happened to me while boarding a cap ship in deep space. I thought I was being shot, but nope- totally alone, just kept taking damage until I died. Then I woke up inside a wall in Grim Hex.

One of the testing focuses for the PTU is "Scramble Race" missions so I tried one last night. Let me tell you about Scramble Races. You sign up for this thing and it goes "Hey fucko hope you bought a bike off our store! You have 5 minutes to spawn it and get to the race line." The 5 minutes is the timer for other players to sign up- spoiler alert, nobody's going to. You can't see the count of signed players because the variable is bugged and just dumps its own name to the screen.Then the mission sets a waypoint on, as far as I can tell, a random planet at a random station. You have to be there with a spawned vehicle within 5 minutes. There is literally no way to fly all the way to a planet, fly all the way down to a station, spawn a vehicle, and drive to the start line in 5 minutes. It is flat out loving impossible. I figured "Oh well, I'll re-accept the mission and be right there when it starts." Haha I am a god drat idiot, it restarted and put a new start line and 5 minute timer on a different planet. So I guess it's not enough to own a bike, you also need to own one of the super-chariots with a cargo hold big enough to carry the bike, and then idle in space until you get the beacon, then swoop down and hot drop from the air onto the start line. And at least two players have to do this or the mission resets and goes somewhere else anyway.

Yeah, CIG, I might have discovered some loving bugs in your primary testing focus. You might want to get on these.

Anyway the bike was kind of cool to toodle around in even without a purpose, until I realized that A) You can't set nav markers on the planet or even see the planetary way stations, so hope you didn't drive too far from the place you landed and B) If you land on a pad at one of the waystations, the pad will "Reclaim" your ship after a minute or two and there is no way to spawn another ship at these stations, only ground vehicles, effectively stranding yourself just by landing at the designated landing areas. GAME DESIGN.

Anyway Star Citizen sucks poo poo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk