Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1074814 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen Citizenship
« Reply #2250 on: May 22, 2020, 02:26:36 PM »
Yes - apparently if you leave your ship, it becomes weightless. Or something. I don’t even know anymore.

Meanwhile, over at what backers call the “hate” sub, the drive-by nutters still have their “Oh it’s just Derek Smart” narrative, even as the whole project burns down around them. Because you know, somehow this is all my fault (isn’t it always though?).

Yet somehow, in all this ToW fiasco, some have noticed that CIG, with over $350m of free money, basically decided to make a shitty combined arms version of Battlefield, Planetside and gasp Line Of Defense. I can’t even stop laughing.

If you told me back in 2017 that they would still be churning out garbage that has nothing do with KS goals through 2020 and with happy backers I would have never believed it.

N0mad

« Reply #2251 on: May 22, 2020, 04:01:02 PM »
It's looking more and more as though they've hit a technical brick wall and are just adding fluff to keep the zealots happy.

I'd love to see the inside story of all this someday, perhaps in the style of Tiger King

Corvus_Null

« Reply #2252 on: May 22, 2020, 04:57:23 PM »
Well, it looks like those bastards decided to put Line Of Defense inside Star Citizen?

Except, you know, it has actual gameplay unlike LOD, where you just run around an empty level and shoot at static mannequins.

jham

« Reply #2253 on: May 22, 2020, 10:49:32 PM »
Things went so badly tonight that they have delayed the free fly until 9 AM Eastern (US time) on Saturday.  :laugh: :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2254 on: May 23, 2020, 08:31:44 AM »
Yeah, it's been a complete and utter disaster.

PU is still offline as of this writing

https://status.robertsspaceindustries.com/

They implemented a queue and people can get stuck waiting to join the server. But then the queue times out and kicks you out of the game.

Below, 2 of the 12 popular streamers was staring at a queue. lol

This cut of the fiasco is hilarious

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2255 on: May 24, 2020, 06:48:05 AM »
Read this. The comments (1192 so far) are comedy Gold.

The best comment so far. Not yet downvoted to oblivion (at 48 so far)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 06:54:03 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2256 on: May 24, 2020, 07:37:40 AM »
It’s Sun morning; since I’m not allowed to go to church, I’m catching up on the Star Citizen hilarity since their fleet week event.

The tribe are really, truly, pissed. I haven’t seen them this mad before. Not even when 3.0 was a nothing burger of failed dreams. Mind you, it’s not so much about the game. No, they’re mad that more people - who aren’t in the faithful fold - are likely to try the game during this free fly event, see it’s a mess, then proceed to spread the lols.

Here is a thread from a newbie to the game. Trust me, it’s a minefield of broken brained bs.

Meanwhile, over at the kool aid stand

N0mad

« Reply #2257 on: May 25, 2020, 02:48:43 AM »
LOL

In preparation for ToW someone has done a CoD style testing of the weapons in the game:

For those of you not familiar with the new Modern Warfare check out some of the YouTube videos on the weapons in the game for a comparison.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 09:11:02 AM by dsmart »

jwh1701

« Reply #2259 on: May 25, 2020, 11:09:16 AM »
So crazy reading through the threads, 350m 9 years and they are posting about an npc sitting successfully  :emot-ughh:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gq9f96/rare_footage_of_npc_successfully_sitting_down/

I posted:

Superior fidelity compared to what they accomplished in Oblivion 14 years ago.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

jwh1701

« Reply #2261 on: May 26, 2020, 11:13:26 AM »
Prison Gameplay
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gqy3ne/trespassing_inside_of_prison_send_help/

Few Quotes:

I had this happen to me yesterday. After well over an hour of trying to find ways out, I had to do an account reset for the first time.

Me and my friends spent 12h trying to escape after multiple bugs,server crashes etc... We had acummulated over 12h of prison time so we just gave up xD

Yeah when I did the reset I lost most of what I had equipped. Thankfully I kept my helix mining laser and pretty much everything I didn't have equipped. Maybe 50k UEC of stuff lost total.

Yep, had that last patch, I had to stop playing that account until 3.9.1. Even after I reset, the next time I went to prison it happened again. I add some info to an issue council someone already had on it.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2262 on: May 26, 2020, 03:18:52 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

wiser3754

« Reply #2264 on: May 26, 2020, 07:23:03 PM »
lmao

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gpvdqf/cigs_server_woes_probably_a_tale_of_aws_account/

So CIG are using a crap engine in conjunction with a crap server farm provider. Oh yeah, don't forget the crap CEO and director, CRobbers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk