Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1139105 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1260 on: September 05, 2018, 02:49:49 PM »
When I see such devotion to Chris my first thought sadly was it's good thing he was not living near heaven's gate family. If Chris said he had a hull-c waiting on the darkside of the moon and to get there you had to drink something I would fear the worst.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9d0utw/cig_could_likely_be_in_the_red_with_citcon_2018/

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1261 on: September 05, 2018, 08:04:13 PM »
ROTFLMAO!! I can't stop laughing. Watch this. No, seriously, watch this.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #1262 on: September 06, 2018, 01:21:43 PM »
ROTFLMAO!! I can't stop laughing. Watch this. No, seriously, watch this.

Definitely interesting and at least he can think rationally about the project.  I'm on the forums a lot but I rarely see someone that feels its a scam acting like how he infers. The animosity is always from the backers, but maybe I miss the post he's seeing?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 08:54:43 AM by jwh1701 »

dexatron

« Reply #1263 on: September 07, 2018, 07:59:37 PM »
lol that video pretty much sums it up...
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1266 on: September 09, 2018, 12:00:41 PM »
One of the Shitizens replies to the above post is dealing with why Robbers had to modiofy Cryengine so heavily though his first choice was Unreal Engine 3. People may theorize as to why he chose one engine over another but it would seem faily obvious that Cryengine being willing to have an inhouse team put together the "game trailer" that Robbers used to defraud backers into (believing they were investing into a real game, already beginning to function) paying money for a going concern rather than a pipe dream.
Yeah, there may have been some validity to claiming that UE3 was old but so was Cryengine. We all know what happened when whiz kid Robbers decided to move from a single player game (dont remember if he pitched some sort of multiplayer like X box) to his ever expanding universe with functioning toilets and insurance companies.

Just how will he keep the space poo in the bowl he needs a crack team on that. Poo, crack, forget it...

For all their arguments against the OP the fact remains, the game is a  crappy bugfest. They have no clue as to how to make it work, they are living on borowed time.

They just dont get it, never will, cant accept it.

All these promised patches are all years late as Robbers keeps pushing reworking ship models for the umpteenth time into the schedule to make it look as if they got something done this quarter.

Can we get a list of every item they failed to impliment and a line showing when it was promised to now? Then add in the new garbage he piled on top as if this wasnt enough? It would make a beter schedule than the garbage he put in front of the shitizens.

Go all the way back to 2016s delivery date (or before) and we would see all these long red lines, like as if we were playing tron ending in a wall representing today. FAILURE. The current "schedule" RObbers uses makes no mention of how many times he has moves the goalpost. It always looks good whenever a new schedule is posted.
Whenever we worked a Project for Corps of Engineers we tracked project completion but never wiped out the initial projected completion dates on tasks or phases. We continued the line, in red, to denote a failure of the contractor to meet his contractual obligations. Then it was up to the PM, the contracting officer and some others to do some horse trading behind closed doors to avoid lawsuits, a bit of give and take. They might have an unforseen task due to poor prints conflicting with reality ect. We might have seen some minor cosmetic defects in workmanship. They balance it out. Regardless.

A different schedule might be more illuminating. Overlaid with gems from Robbers claiming it will be out next... or its ready but were not comfortable showing it right now (whatever that means).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 12:12:08 PM by Spunky Munkee »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1267 on: September 09, 2018, 12:10:56 PM »
One of the Shitizens replies to the above post is tdealing with why Robbers had to modiofy Cryengine so heavily though his first choice was Cryengine 3. People may theorize ast o why he chose one engine over another but it would seem faily obvious that Cryengine being willing to have an inhouse team put together the "game trailer" that Robbers used to defraud backers into (believing they were investing into a real game, already beginning to function) paying money for a going concern rather than a pipe dream.

It's not theory. It's already proven fact. Of the three (CryEngine, Unity, UE4) available engines at the time, only Crytek was willing to put the effort into a partnership. And they ended up not only getting screwed for their troubles, but they didn't benefit from the popularity of the project as per the agreement they signed.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1268 on: September 09, 2018, 12:41:55 PM »
I dont deny that at all. I thought I was restating that.

Many shitizens cling to the fact that Robbers says in passing during an interview that he would have chosesn UE3 as if to say that Robbers got screwed up by taking the (supposedly) inferior Cryengine. Meanwhile Robbers was gushing in the same interview about how good everything looked in Cryengine.

He certainly never mentioned that his year of work on the project was a complete fiction and that a major consideration for his choice was that Cryengine was willing to create this trailer of "in game footage" for Robbers to ensnare his dupes into the idea that this project was well underway.

As the OP stated it was Robbers choice to expand his scope to something that Cryengine was not meant for that forced him to make a choice, Start anew (though I doubt he has much done in cryengine at that point except a new contract with fresh ink) or begin a fresh custom game engine. He chose a series of poorly executed workarounds. The rest is history. You cant build the Empire State Building on Quicksand. I would imagine that the people who did the early game engine mods are long since gone, moved on to better projects yet their handiwork  is burried in mountains of code and nobody knows just what they did. THe new people, being inexperienced, not knowing the previous devs though process cant find all this coding. I bet Crytek will find it though... The original Crytke coding will certainly be found by crytek. There is no way RObbers has found every line and swapped it out or has redone every one of his mods to delete their reliance on Crytek.

It's like reading a thriller, you just want to get to the end to see that justice is meaded out in good measure.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1269 on: September 09, 2018, 02:19:19 PM »
Many shitizens cling to the fact that Robbers says in passing during an interview that he would have chosesn UE3 as if to say that Robbers got screwed up by taking the (supposedly) inferior Cryengine. Meanwhile Robbers was gushing in the same interview about how good everything looked in Cryengine.

He certainly never mentioned that his year of work on the project was a complete fiction and that a major consideration for his choice was that Cryengine was willing to create this trailer of "in game footage" for Robbers to ensnare his dupes into the idea that this project was well underway.
BTW: Intentionally deceiving people to relieve them of their money is a criminal act. The Kickstarter campaign alone is enough to get him locked up.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1270 on: September 10, 2018, 06:31:37 AM »
BTW: Intentionally deceiving people to relieve them of their money is a criminal act. The Kickstarter campaign alone is enough to get him locked up.

Yes - but that's up to the govt if they do in fact take action. And that will only happen if they get a referral either through litigation (e.g. from an investor, backer etc), and the complaint warrants their attention. We all know that it does. There are in fact things going on behind the scenes that, like the lawsuit (which I knew about before it was filed because I wrote about it and broke the news), I can't talk about. But rest assured, win, lose or draw, lawsuit outcome regardless, they won't get away with this. 

jwh1701

« Reply #1271 on: September 10, 2018, 07:06:21 AM »
Sold Gold

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/current-gameplay-feedback-from-org-ship-capture-tr

Crazy to see people in that thread saying its still to soon or not yet time to try this stuff. I would love to go crazy in spectrum but I'm unsure if they can ban or track via ip.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1272 on: September 11, 2018, 07:51:22 AM »
I would love to go crazy in spectrum but I'm unsure if they can ban or track via ip.

Are you serious right now? Ever heard of a VPN? Many are free. Even Opera browser comes with a free one built in.

Novice trolls ruin everything. :emot-lol:

jwh1701

« Reply #1273 on: September 11, 2018, 08:24:51 AM »
Are you serious right now? Ever heard of a VPN? Many are free. Even Opera browser comes with a free one built in.

Novice trolls ruin everything. :emot-lol:

LOL vpn's sadly do not work where I'm at right now. I'm on a dsl line right under 17,800 feet from the office. It's also the worst company century link, if I see 5mb which is rare I'm doing really well and they have cut my line twice by the road so I have two patches in my line. My upload speeds sometimes hit 500kb so let the jealousy begin over that speed. Sometimes for the forum to load it takes 30 seconds, should do a video of my high speed internet. Let me add to each year I have to renew with them they try and charge $75 a month for terrible service the goes down for up to one week at time.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 08:29:00 AM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1274 on: September 12, 2018, 07:09:35 AM »
LOL vpn's sadly do not work where I'm at right now. I'm on a dsl line right under 17,800 feet from the office. It's also the worst company century link, if I see 5mb which is rare I'm doing really well and they have cut my line twice by the road so I have two patches in my line. My upload speeds sometimes hit 500kb so let the jealousy begin over that speed. Sometimes for the forum to load it takes 30 seconds, should do a video of my high speed internet. Let me add to each year I have to renew with them they try and charge $75 a month for terrible service the goes down for up to one week at time.

The VPN built into Opera works anywhere and everywhere. As long as you have access to the Internet, it just works. Try it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk