Author Topic: Star Citizen Media Musings  (Read 591586 times)

nightfire

Re: Star Citizen Media Articles
« Reply #240 on: September 14, 2017, 01:19:05 PM »
CIG issue a press statement saying the refund wasn't accurate.

Well, they had to do something quickly to stomp this out. I’m surprised they didn’t roll out the Ortwin cannon – but then again, it wasn’t weekend yet.

Motto

« Reply #241 on: September 14, 2017, 02:05:26 PM »
It would be worth to pay for a notary to have him officially verify that the guy actually did receive 45K from CIG. If I could afford it, I pay immediatly for it. How you'd call that overthere, a signed affidavit? And BAM, deny that, you lying scamming thieving worthless piece of Chris.

And if it was fabricated, well, how does that feel Chris? To be had by a bunch of lies?

Motto

« Reply #242 on: September 14, 2017, 02:19:43 PM »
Oh, our dear Dave is on Twitter too. Now, there's proof right there that he is a lying bastard as well. Just look at his post from August 25th: Star Citizen Shows Massive Potential With New Videos; Capital Ships, Facial Capture and Much More. There's a big lie and as spokesman he should have corrected that statement, not making it further public.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 02:21:23 PM by Motto »

N0mad

« Reply #243 on: September 14, 2017, 02:28:11 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/user/Mogmentum
His account has been deleted now - I guess that's that then. Still, even if it was fake, then I bet CIG are now scared shitless about further bad publicity.

Motto

« Reply #244 on: September 14, 2017, 02:35:54 PM »
If that user indeed went through all that stuff, including setting up a fake webserver etc. just to make CIG look bad, I'd applaud him even more  :five: :five: :five:

Best part, the whole article remains, also on PC Gamer. There's just an added top note stating the comments from CIG, but the whole story and following discussion is still there. CIG won't like that.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 02:41:21 PM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #245 on: September 14, 2017, 02:40:22 PM »
Backer had expressed legit concern for backlash. With the story going wide, his fears turned real. Account now gone.

Of course CIG, in their infinite wisdom, decided to not only CONFIRM that a refund WAS real, but only cast doubt on the refund amount.

And it's stuff like this that some  of the high profile backers don't publicize their refunds.

Plus he had specifically said that he refunded both the org $45K + his own $330 account. So CIG is obfuscating the issue as usual.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:09:35 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #246 on: September 14, 2017, 06:52:06 PM »
Meanwhile over at SA

They didn't accuse him of lying. They said the individual got a refund for $330 and not $45k. They did not say the corporate card account was not refunded $45k.

Imagine if you were a corporate card holder and bought your company a whole bunch of defective binders from an office supply company. You return them for a refund of $1000.

While you are at the store refunding them, you also get a refund for a stapler that doesn't work that you purchased personally, on your personal card for $12.

Then you tweet - hey I just got a refund for $1000 on my corporate card and the manager sees the tweet and checks his records. He then tweets out that the individual that tweeted only got a refund for $12, not $1000 alleged previously.

Doesn't make the original tweet less true.

Secondly, only original transaction records would be definitive proof and only one person has those. Other people can vouch, but who wants the death threats (from anonymous internetters) and threatened legal action (from CIG for tortious interference)that would result from doing so.

Not many people.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Kastenbrust

« Reply #247 on: September 14, 2017, 07:06:15 PM »
After the $45k refund shit storm hit the internet, schill number 1 quickly pumped out this video:

Star Citizen FAQ | Alpha 3.0, Dates & Should You Buy?

Can it get any more blatant? He's essentially an arm of CIG's marketing department at this point. "Quick say some dates!!"... "buy buy buy"

Moeis

« Reply #248 on: September 14, 2017, 07:35:56 PM »
lol, so that happened.  fake $45k refund  :doh:
Yeah, from this point forward, not going to believe anyone who claims to be a big money amount backer even if they can show screenshots, cause obviously those can be faked, and it doesn't matter if they are a believer or not.  I almost expect to see some believers creating this kind of fake stuff saying something about how something related to what ever new drama is going on inspired them to spend even more money.  Basically what I am saying is what ever some extremist does on one side of the debate there is no doubt some other extremist who do the same that is on the other side of the debate.

Kastenbrust

« Reply #249 on: September 14, 2017, 07:39:52 PM »

It's believed that the refund was real, CIG have diverted attention by only confirming the $330 personal refund the guy asked for, and said it went smoothly without issue, but not said anything about the $45k at all.  You can clearly see the 4 valid purchase codes, so we know CIG is hiding something for a fact.

Moeis

« Reply #250 on: September 14, 2017, 07:53:36 PM »

It's believed that the refund was real, CIG have diverted attention by only confirming the $330 personal refund the guy asked for, and said it went smoothly without issue, but not said anything about the $45k at all.  You can clearly see the 4 valid purchase codes, so we know CIG is hiding something for a fact.

Other evidence points towards to the opposite, missing logos and grid lines in his pictures, deleting his account for examples.
The guy deleted his account soon afte CIG said something.  The media were wanting to talk to the person themselves and gain first hand evidence.
If he really is telling the truth, giving the media first hand access would prove CIG was lying, and that would be huge news, and he could still do that all the while staying anonymous, instead he disappears.

We will just have to disagree with this.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 08:28:17 PM by Moeis »

Moeis

« Reply #251 on: September 14, 2017, 08:24:47 PM »
By the way, there is a screenshot that is going around in a chat that includes Derek, where one of the members stated they have a folder full of fake refunds.  Now my guy feeling is either that picture is fake, or there is more context to what was said and it is not what it seems.  I have a hard time believing someone, that I assume has proved themselves in some way given they are a "counselor" rank on that chat, would say something like that in a public place.

I already don't believe it, I am more interested if it is fake or out of context.  If out of context learning more about the story would be interesting.

Kastenbrust

« Reply #252 on: September 14, 2017, 08:28:10 PM »
By the way, there is a screenshot that is going around in a chat that includes Derek, where one of the members stated they have a folder full of fake refunds.

The guy that made it admitted it was a joke on the forums already

Moeis

« Reply #253 on: September 14, 2017, 08:29:31 PM »
By the way, there is a screenshot that is going around in a chat that includes Derek, where one of the members stated they have a folder full of fake refunds.

ok, so not fake, taken out of context.

Was it these forums?

Kastenbrust

« Reply #254 on: September 14, 2017, 08:35:19 PM »

ok, so not fake, taken out of context.

Was it these forums?

No it was the refunds subreddit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk