Author Topic: Star Citizen Media Musings  (Read 592614 times)

Greggy_D

Re: Star Citizen Media Articles
« Reply #345 on: November 29, 2017, 06:12:30 PM »
So much delusion in the comments of those articles.  Some of those backers need serious psychiatric help.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #346 on: November 30, 2017, 03:51:34 AM »
Nothing from our German friends? You know, the ones who played a brilliant 3.0 long before us mere mortals got this PTU release...

Funny you should mention those guys; they've been particularly silent. Shills, man.  :laugh:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #347 on: November 30, 2017, 04:19:10 AM »
https://apptrigger.com/2017/11/29/star-citizen-offering-pride-accomplishment-selling-virtual-land/

To rational people outside the world of Star Citizen, a line has been drawn already when you could buy virtual ships for $750 before they are implemented in the game. This is just another absurd level of microtransactions that make Star Wars Battlefront II look like baby time frolics.
  :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 04:29:39 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #348 on: November 30, 2017, 04:30:38 AM »

« Reply #346 on: Today at 03:51:34 AM »
Quote from: Motto on November 29, 2017, 05:39:07 PM
Nothing from our German friends? You know, the ones who played a brilliant 3.0 long before us mere mortals got this PTU release...

Funny you should mention those guys; they've been particularly silent. Shills, man.  :laugh:

Which article was that exactly? I would think they now deserve some dirt rubbed in their faces continually as to destroy any credibility in this matter or any other. Too many of these media outlets are in Chris Roberts pocket. There can be no other reason to fabricate the "truth" like they did/do. We knew they were lying but I wonder how many spent based on the false hopes and expectations created by stories like this?

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #349 on: November 30, 2017, 08:53:24 AM »
Which article was that exactly? I would think they now deserve some dirt rubbed in their faces continually as to destroy any credibility in this matter or any other. Too many of these media outlets are in Chris Roberts pocket. There can be no other reason to fabricate the "truth" like they did/do. We knew they were lying but I wonder how many spent based on the false hopes and expectations created by stories like this?
Reporting on video games was never more than industry marketing in disguise. Some people calling themselves "game journalists" doesn't change that.

The "German friends" are in the special situation of having ties with CryTek, one of the few moderately successful AAA studios from Germany.

Flashwit

« Reply #350 on: November 30, 2017, 10:06:50 AM »
There was also someone from, I think, the states who was supposedly shown the 3.0 build and wrote an article where he was highly impressed with the space -> planet transition and so on with that nonsense. In his defense, I don't think he was shilling, I think he was just duped by the crobbers hype machine. It takes a certain amount of exposure to the SC reality sphere to see the gaps in the facade.

Of course, the gaps are pretty much gaping holes at this point.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #351 on: November 30, 2017, 12:10:44 PM »
Whoever they are they are most deserving of a storm of posts indicating how they must have lied when they claimed to have played this magical game. A truth serum injection.

ecg

« Reply #352 on: November 30, 2017, 05:23:21 PM »
More sites are picking up the "Land Sale"  - Neowin - https://www.neowin.net/news/star-citizen-now-selling-nonexistent-in-game-properties

Starts off "If you thought micro-transactions couldn't get any stranger..."  Seems like the whole Battlefront 2 Controversy may have really started something.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #353 on: November 30, 2017, 07:29:53 PM »
Did I miss that land sales were a game mechanic when RObbers was pimping this game at any point until now. Perhaps he should have listed Real Estate Broker as one of the many jobs you could fill, or government clerk for those who manage all these land claims. I know everybody wants to file land deeds and people want to pay lots of money just to be a virtual realtor in space.

Hey that's the next tie in for Robbers. He can sell advertising space to REALTORS and allow them to place the REALTOR logo on the deeds.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #354 on: December 01, 2017, 02:35:42 PM »
There was also someone from, I think, the states who was supposedly shown the 3.0 build and wrote an article where he was highly impressed with the space -> planet transition and so on with that nonsense. In his defense, I don't think he was shilling, I think he was just duped by the crobbers hype machine. It takes a certain amount of exposure to the SC reality sphere to see the gaps in the facade.

Of course, the gaps are pretty much gaping holes at this point.

That would be Livingston for PC Gamer. Search the media articles section for his name to find the thread.

nightfire

« Reply #355 on: December 04, 2017, 05:45:02 AM »

"And… wow! Does that game play like shit! That… it's brutal!"  :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #356 on: December 04, 2017, 08:25:01 AM »
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/12/stake-your-claim-to-the-virtual-moon-in-star-citizen/

Cynics may say that this land sale is a desperate cash grab from Cloud Imperium, who have been working on the crowd-funded game since 2011. That cynicism may be justified as Star Citizen has just reached US$172 million ($226.5 million) in funding.

Flashwit

« Reply #357 on: December 04, 2017, 10:04:25 AM »
Can't we be called 'realists' instead?

And uh-oh
Cloud Imperium, makers of Star Citizen released an update last week that lets players buy land claim licenses. For US$50 ($65.85) you can buy a 4km x 4km plot of land in the United Empire of Earth or, if you're feeling particularly extravagant, you can buy an 8km x 8km plot of land for US$100 ($134.64).

They better watch out before the cultists come in to specify that you're not buying land, you're buying a CLAIM to land! Very different and therefore not at all bad or weird. The true believers are definitely out in force in those comments.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #358 on: December 06, 2017, 11:01:21 AM »
Hey! Remember that time when a bunch of barren moons ended up in the MyRadar app? Well, there's an interview to go with it. Also, pay attention to @ 11:16

Not a valid vimeo URL

Greggy_D

« Reply #359 on: December 06, 2017, 11:41:48 AM »
I'm impressed.  He looked him straight in the eye as he spewed his lies.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk