Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1314010 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #1125 on: September 09, 2017, 05:08:24 AM »
This industry is one of the most difficult to get into. So people don't just leave without a good reason.

Or being forced to, either by not getting a contract renewed or actually being forced out the door.

N0mad

« Reply #1126 on: September 09, 2017, 05:21:29 AM »
Assuming the primary platform of that 2011 CryEngine still exists in 2022 (I doubt it, Windows PC is on its way out). From where do another 160 million dollars of funding come from?
Proof attached covering the time span since Star Citizen is in production.

That chart has nothing to do with your assertion about Windows PC being on its way out - you need the absolute numbers to claim that, not the % market share.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 05:23:18 AM by N0mad »

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1127 on: September 09, 2017, 05:32:43 AM »
There is nothing to say about funding, currently they keep on increasing in funds.
You mean they keep in increasing in liabilities aka debt.

But this isn't going much longer, here is the freshly made shell firm https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10934694 which is most likely going to hold all the IP rights, while the backer debt ends up elsewhere. Derek Smart was right, this is going to end with people in jail.

the_wolfmann

« Reply #1128 on: September 09, 2017, 06:11:27 AM »

But this isn't going much longer, here is the freshly made shell firm https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10934694 which is most likely going to hold all the IP rights, while the backer debt ends up elsewhere. Derek Smart was right, this is going to end with people in jail.

Very interesting timing that... August 29th.

Motto

« Reply #1129 on: September 09, 2017, 06:14:47 AM »
Wauw, how did you find that one? That's huge  :vince:

So, they are trying to get the IP(s) into a separate shell. Are they about to lose it all to Coutts because they're behind on payments? Or just running for a bankruptcy construction where they shed all the current debts and restart with the money left? Without having to keep any of the old promises?

This probably is part of the story Derek has been hinting about. Oh man, I wish he'd got the all clear already  :f5:  :supaburn:  :f5:  :supaburn:

BrightSpark

« Reply #1130 on: September 09, 2017, 07:32:27 AM »
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 09:17:16 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1131 on: September 09, 2017, 08:47:30 AM »
I suspect one of the games (SC or SQ42) to release in 3 or 4 years from now, and the other to come out sometime after that.
Assuming the primary platform of that 2011 CryEngine still exists in 2022 (I doubt it, Windows PC is on its way out). From where do another 160 million dollars of funding come from?

Windows PC is far from being on the way out.  People have been saying that PC gaming is dying for many decades now, and there is no indication that PC gaming or even Windows PC is going to "die".  Also I doubt Amazon is going to abandon Lumberyard any time soon.

Star Citizen's success or failure has nothing to do with Lumberyard. And no, I don't expect that this train-wreck is going to be around in 2018, let alone 2022.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1132 on: September 09, 2017, 08:49:37 AM »
I suspect one of the games (SC or SQ42) to release in 3 or 4 years from now, and the other to come out sometime after that.

Based on what? The supporters of SC are actually doing the things they accuse DS of doing? MAKING STUFF UP! Game was supposed to be out years ago, and that's straight from the mouth of croberts. All DS does is take the information spewed forth from croberts and co. and uses his experience  in the industry to explain why delay upon delay is occurring, why they will deplete funds prior to releasing the full game (which is no longer what was initially promised), and gives his opinions.

croberts has outright lied to you and all your other SC brethren,("3.0 will be released Dec 2016"), why do you have such blind faith in croberts? What has he done to prove to anyone that he will come through in the end?

What croberts excels at is marketing - lots of pretty pictures, videos, R&D demos to suck people in - They have accomplished nothing since Dec. 2016. The 3.0 he  announced back then has been shrunk and delayed, shrunk and delayed.  I ask again, what has croberts done besides make grandiose promises that have been scaled back and still only have a tech demo alpha to show for it? After 6 +years.

I pledged back in Oct 2012. I got out last year. Not because of anything DS wrote, but because it was pretty easy to see all the red flags popping up on this project. It was no longer the game I pledged my money towards.

I actually quoted his past history of foolish decisions in the other forum. It's eye-opening, to say the least.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Orgetorix

« Reply #1133 on: September 09, 2017, 08:52:04 AM »

CLOUD IMPERIUM RIGHTS LTD.

Lol, sure looks like it.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1134 on: September 09, 2017, 09:02:27 AM »

Based on what?

I already answered this early in this thread, around page 70.
And I disagree about Chris Roberts lying about when things would be released, otherwise you would have to say every single developer is a liar when ever they have something that is late, I dont't call them liars unless there is actual proof that  when they gave the release date they knew it was not possible.  Chris Roberts has always been bad at giving good release dates, it is one of his flaws among his perfectionism and his management style, and this is all stuff I knew before I put my $60 into this game.

Are you serious right now?

He went up on stage and LIED about the state of 3.0. I was told this long BEFORE he actually DID it. And I wrote about it. Then he went and DID it.

How on Earth would a developer make a statement in Aug 2016 about a 3.0 build coming out in Dec 2016, then when the first dev schedule is released in April 2017, it was NOTHING like the Aug 2016 schedule, not to mention completely changed, with items missing, others added etc.

He LIED. Pure and simple.

I am a software dev, and there is no way that I would say a build was due out in 4 months, then a year later it's not. Especially if the items in the schedule remain largely unchanged, and have no reasonable explanation for the delay.

And then, even after I wrote in May 2016 that sources told me the 3.0 schedule was fiction, shortly after that in Aug 2016 - ahead of the GC2017 disaster - they seemingly fessed up to it by not only removing the delivery aim dates from the schedule, but also completely revising it again.

It's now Sept 2017 and 3.0 is nowhere near completed. Aside from the fact that, as per yesterday's Sept 8th schedule analysis, several items that previously had release dates, no longer do.

And as per the latest AtV burndown (FF to 08:31) that preceded the release, they are apparently prepping to change how the testing works. He never even mention the word "Evocati". So there is a very good chance that something is about to change.

Current test schedule: Dev -> QA -> Evocati -> PTU -> Live

Only they know what they're going to change, but if I were to hazard a guess, I would say that they will probably release self-contained "levels" like what was seen at GC2017, and pass them off as some kind of minimal testing so they don't have to explain WHY they still don't have the planets and space areas promised for 3.0.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1135 on: September 09, 2017, 09:09:06 AM »
There is nothing to say about funding, currently they keep on increasing in funds.

My Tweets from a few days ago are about this. Goons and I have been discussing it in my Discord secure channel. I actually wrote a scoop article about it, but have yet to publish it because I am awaiting some clarification from one of my primary sources about something I learned and which I wanted to include in it. Unfortunately, the main crux of this can't be made public by me or it will compromise sources who told me not to release it.

Stay tuned. It's bad.

Wauw, how did you find that one? That's huge  :vince:

So, they are trying to get the IP(s) into a separate shell. Are they about to lose it all to Coutts because they're behind on payments? Or just running for a bankruptcy construction where they shed all the current debts and restart with the money left? Without having to keep any of the old promises?

This probably is part of the story Derek has been hinting about. Oh man, I wish he'd got the all clear already  :f5:  :supaburn:  :f5:  :supaburn:

Yes.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1136 on: September 09, 2017, 09:33:10 AM »
Is that 5% a year? So in CIGs case we'd be talking 20 leavers a year or so. I think it's considerably fewer than that. Sounds like a very happy workforce overall then. Nice.

Actually a 10% turn over rate is considered a healthy turnover rate, and yes that is per year.
http://www.gallup.com/businessjournal/316/truth-about-turnover.aspx

*mod censored*  :science:

Derek is a developer of some 40 years, I am a recruitment consultant of some 20 years.  You appear to have sited some claim in a piece about SALES STAFF.

What experts tell you is not sufficient evidence for you, you prefer to seek out other opinions that might support your position and then try and use those to discredit the actual experts that don't agree with your claims.   This is not a pathway to truth it is the way that biased people approach an issue to try and justify their beliefs.

*mod censored*  :science:

Derek is not an isolated expert voice and I am not an isolated expert recruitment voice.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 09:47:39 AM by dsmart »

StanTheMan

« Reply #1137 on: September 09, 2017, 09:41:48 AM »

I wasn't trying to deflect it to be about LOD, rather I was explaining why I feel you are so emotionally invested into Star Citizen, to the point of it effecting the rest of your life in a bad way.

This is an argument I hear from young adults, idiots and teenagers copying each other with what they think is a good retort.

It is childish and irrelevant what emotional state Derek or any of the rest of us are in in respect of Star Citizen.

The evidence speaks for itself.   

No need for emotion.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1138 on: September 09, 2017, 09:56:34 AM »

Based on what?

I already answered this early in this thread, around page 70.
And I disagree about Chris Roberts lying about when things would be released, otherwise you would have to say every single developer is a liar when ever they have something that is late, I dont't call them liars unless there is actual proof that  when they gave the release date they knew it was not possible.  Chris Roberts has always been bad at giving good release dates, it is one of his flaws among his perfectionism and his management style, and this is all stuff I knew before I put my $60 into this game.

This illustrates your naivety and is evidence of your age and lack of experience in the world of work.

Whilst technically you are correct that people lie all the time, the REALITY is that there are accepted norms in professional circles and that CROBERTS has greatly overstated his position such that it is reasonable to call him a LIAR versus some other developer whose schedule slipped (because that would be within expected industry norms or is otherwise reasonably explained)

Another reason why the lay person is idiotic to ignore expert opinion in favour of their own opinion.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1139 on: September 09, 2017, 10:02:19 AM »

Saying I worship Chris Roberts is a personal insult. /rolleyes
You know nothing about me.

It is not cult thinking, it is not worship, it was fully knowing exactly what my money was going into with all the risks associated with it, also knowing about Chris Roberts and all of his faults. 

This claim of yours is simply incorrect unless you can, at the very least, read minds.

If you can read minds, I would be after a Nobel prize and would be kicking myself I didnt take up James Randi on his £1mil challenge.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk